NC Crime Stoppers Meeting this Friday

North Coast Crime Stoppers DR is having a meeting this Friday, Nov 7 at Natura Cabana in Perla Marina at 6 pm.

NC CS sent a letter to President Danilo and his Secretary responded today, saying President Danilo was very concerned about the Crime and issues on the NC and is sending a special envoy, Colonel Castillo. At least 2 members of the media will be attending as well.

All are welcome but you must put your name on the list to get into Perla Marina. You can either go to the NC Crime Stoppers page and find more info there or let me know you want to come and I will make sure your name gets on the list.

Hope to see some of you there :D

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Harley -it is interesting that this has got this far.
In February 2014 a meeting was held about safety and security
Sos?a-News in Sosua and the article in Sosua News referenced a "Residence Representative" but to date I have not found who that was despite contacting Juan Perdoma. Fellix Corona who wrote the artical and trawling thought DR1 and Sosua News.
So while I am encouraged, it is important to a have a represnentative at such meetings that represents us all.

Here is the earlier thread on this : http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/140794-efforts-improve-safety-sosua-cabarete.html
The meeting in February was in response to many shootings and robberies in the Sosua area including that of Les at Vecenios

http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/140694-canadian-missionary-shot-9-times-cabarete.html

Have a look at the videoclip of the event if it is still available!

I would be encouraged if such a person could be found to represent the "NON VOTING" Gringos who put so much into the North Coast Economy!

Olly - no team

NC Crime Stoppers has been active for about 3-4 weeks I think and has 633 members. It basically formed bc of the recent Guagua attacks and home invasions. NC people have had enough of these crimes!

Leon Alter is kind of the man behind it with help from others. We have someone in the group who has connections with the President so that is how it got his attention.

I welcome you to come to the meeting to find out more about it.
I am just a member of the group trying to help the NC.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
perla marina is past sosua towards cabarete, on the left hand side. pink mural at the entrance.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
what you gotta do is all kick in....a reward pool... last year in n.j. (usa) a man robbed and beat a woman...they had a nanny cam....the comm. got together and offer a substantial $reward$ for the capture....not for conviction....of the fugitive....
he was in custody within 24hrs...and who says ghetto people dont squeal...

diosabella

May 24, 2012
hi there, we would like to attend this meeting were new to Northcoast. Please put David Bushnell, Sabrina Bushnell, n Luis Martinez. Our phone is 809-776-1651. We are 3 americans. Please call n give us directions.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
North Coast Crime Stoppers DR is having a meeting this Friday, Nov 7 at Natura Cabana in Perla Marina at 6 pm.

NC CS sent a letter to President Danilo and his Secretary responded today, saying President Danilo was very concerned about the Crime and issues on the NC and is sending a special envoy, Colonel Castillo. At least 2 members of the media will be attending as well.

All are welcome but you must put your name on the list to get into Perla Marina. You can either go to the NC Crime Stoppers page and find more info there or let me know you want to come and I will make sure your name gets on the list.

Hope to see some of you there :D

Your letter has already had action.
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/to...-Puerto-Plata-Las-Terrenas-road-safety-patrol

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
The patrols have nothing to do with what NCCS has done, they were planned way before creation of that group. The patrols will be a very welcome addition however. The pickup trucks used will be like the other MOPC funded trucks, seen on some highways throughout the country.
Hope NCCS is a success however.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just a thought for future meetings: 6 pm is quite late for those who do not have own transport, that means they will be going back home after dark.

just a thought for future meetings: 6 pm is quite late for those who do not have own transport, that means they will be going back home after dark.

This was discussed already, our first meeting was at 3pm and some couldn't make it so I think they are just mixing up times so some can make it this time that didn't last time.
Sosua will be having a meeting in December I believe not sure of the time yet but yes many don't like to travel at night.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am sure this is something that you can discuss for the future. maybe meeting on saturday/sunday would work best for those with regular jobs. that is just a suggestion, of course.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
6 pm is quite late for those who do not have own transport, that means they will be going back home after dark.

May be that was exactly the purpose? Guagua live bite! NorthCoastCrimeStoppers in action!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Many more will attend; residents don't have to register only outsiders!