air santo domingo. la historia

S

sam

Air Santo Domingo es la primera compa??a a?rea privada de la Rep?blica Dominicana en operar vuelos regulares dom?sticos en los siete principales aeropuertos del pa?s, abriendo una nueva etapa en el transporte a?reo de esta naci?n.

Contamos con una flota de 05 aeronaves LET 410 UVP-E, equipadas con dos turboh?lices Walter modelo 601, configuradas para 17 pasajeros, lo cual permite una mayor comodidad en cabina y m?s espacio para el transporte de equipajes y paqueter?a. El pertenecer a Sap Group y contar con el apoyo de Servicios A?reos Profesionales, compa??a l?der en al Caribe en movimientos de charter con una flota de m?s de 40 aeronaves, nos permite mayor disponibilidad de plazas y una operaci?n de m?s de 17 vuelos regulares dom?sticos :

Santo Domingo - Herrera, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana
El Portillo, Arroyo Barril, y cuatro (4) vuelos internacionales diarios a la ciudad de San Juan

Pr?ximamente incluiremos nuevos destinos internacionales a las ciudades de la vecina isla de Puerto Rico.

La solidez de esta compa??a es el esfuerzo de un equipo de profesionales respaldados por su vasta experiencia y prestigio en el mundo de la aviaci?n.

El equipo humano que forma Air Santo Domingo, tanto pilotos, mantenimiento y personal de tierra, recibe los mejores y m?s rigurosos cursos de formaci?n y entrenamiento.

Disponemos de un moderno, r?pido y eficaz sistema de reservas lo cual inmediatamente da una confirmaci?n de plazas y control permanente de la ocupaci?n de nuestros vuelos, basado en una red de comunicaciones que cubre todo el territorio nacional.

S

sam

Aeropuerto las Americas

SDQ - Santo Domingo / Las Americas Int'l Airport

Las Americas airport is located to the east of Santo Domingo, near the city of Boca Chica. It has one single runway numbered 17/35, and the main terminal is placed more or less on the middle length of it.
The single building has three floors. First floor is arrivals, second floor departures and the third floor has airline offices and some fast food restaurants. To the left of it is the old control tower and further away the cargo ramp. At the very left corner are some stored aircraft (Aeromar and TAL DC-6 and AeroChaco L-1049). To the right side of the terminal, is the former Dominicana hangar where they keep a full Dominicana colours DC-6 inside (HI-292CT), behind the hangar some more stored and wfu planes, like Dominicana B707 and many Trado DC- 6.

Traffic at SDQ is dominated by American Airlines (almost 100% Airbus A300, occasionally they might have an MD11 depending on load factors) and American Eagle (Atr-42 and -72), with many flights during the day, morning hours mostly American, TWA and Continental, with some eventual Air Santo Domingo or other local carrier. After 13.00 some interesting traffic, as Aserca and Aeropostal from Venezuela (both DC-9, daily), Copa Airlines (B737-200), TWA B767-300ER daily from JFK, and at least two daily flights from San Juan(MD83). Iberia and Air France fly in at least 5 time a week (DC10 and B747-200/-300 respectively), and on the charter side, Canada 3000, Corsair, Sobelair, Condor, AOM, Lauda Air Italy, Martinair and Air Europa ad to the count. All those use to arrival at the afternoon as well, specially from Thursday to Sunday. The freight terminal also sees some activity, with UPS and DHL being the major players on the cargo side, besides Fine Air, and local carriers flying props. Domestic airlines like Air Santo Domingo, SAP and others operating mainly with Let 410 are also regular visitors at SDQ, though their main operating airport is Santo Domingo/La Herrera.

Some spotting guidelines:

1. Outside the terminal:

Airport perimeter is quite big, and widely fenced, even so, some nice approach shots can be made whenever runway 17 is in use, they just fly over the road. To reach this spot, if coming from Santo Domingo city, just don't turn right to the airport but follow straight ahead, after passing under a bridge keep the right and look for the ALS masts. In case of coming from Boca Chica, the spot is located before the bridge that gives to the airport access road, and the ALS masts are at your left side. For runway 35 no suitable spot for approach shots available, as no way to get near to the approach path.

2. Inside the terminal:

The best spot to make photos is indeed at the Wendy's fast food restaurant (3rd floor) or at the Pizzarelli pizzeria (2nd floor). There are glasses but they are just slightly tinted and will not affect negatively the photo's quality. At Wendy's you have to buy something to stay near the windows, at the pizzeria not, although it is good idea to do so. Light here very good after 14.00 (beginning of May) until sunset, planes just taxi in front of you, and for photos, 400mm for departing B757 on the runway and around 50mm for MD11 taxing by the apron. During the morning forget about this place, as sun in front of you.

3. Ramp access

Airport authority is normally very nice and friendly, including towards the enthusiast. So, this means that getting a ramp access pass is not impossible, but I suggest you to write or fax in advance asking for it. This is the only way to make good photos of the old aircraft stored at the airport.

As a suggestion, a good place to stay is at the nearby city of Boca Chica, you will find cheap hotels and guest houses. It is also much easier to get to the airport from there than if staying at Santo Domingo, some 25 km away. Other important advise is to keep open eyes with the people and with prices, specially hotels and taxis, ASK and FIX the price before. If you want, just e-mail me and I will be happy in provide you some addresses and some more hints.

S

sam

Re: Aeropuerto las Americas

Stanley y Henry , espero que esta informacion este actualizada.
Sino ustedes me daran un vercion nueva.

sam

S

Stanley Joaquin

Air Santo Domingo aparte de los Let, tambien le han sido asignado 1 Beech 1900D y un Short 360 estos dos ultimos de SAP ( Servicios Aereos Profecionales); y seg?n sus planes son de adquirir mas aeronaves incluyendo ERJ-145 esto a?n no confirmado oficialmente.

Sobre el Aeropuerto Internacional de Las Am?ricas sigue a?n dominado por American Airlines quien oferta 4 vuelos a Miami, 3 a New York y 2 a San Juan P.R. y su filial American Eagle 9 a San Juan P.R. 1 a Mayaguez y 1 a San Martin todos diarios en ATR-72 y dos de ellos a San Juan en ATR-42. los de American en A300, 757, 727 y 767 mayormente 300.

Copa Airlines,( 2 diarios a Panam? en 737-200 ), Continental ( actualmente desde el 13/12/01 ( 2 diarios uno en 757 y otro en 737-800 a Newark ), Air Jamaica Express ( 1 Diario a Montego Bay, Jamaica en Dash-8-100, 4 de ellos con escala en Puerto Pr?ncipe ), Aeropostal ( 2 diarios uno a Caracas en DC-9-50 y otro a Caracas 4 dias con escala en Curazao y 3 dias con escala en Aruba en DC-9-30 ), Aserca ( 1 diario a Caracas en DC-9-30, el avion de salida se para en Punta Cana ), US Airways ( 1 diario en 320 a Philadelphia , Filadelfia ), Aeromar Airlines ( 9 semanales a Miami 2 de ellos con escala en Puerto Plata y 4 con escala en Punta Cana en 727-200 y 4 semanales a New York ), Iberia ( con 1 diario en 340 a Madrid algunos con escalas en San Juan P.R. aunque no tiene permiso de transportacion en la ruta SJU - SDQ ), Air France ( 1 a Par?s-CDG en 747-300 de CDG a SDQ hace escala breve en San Mart?n), Aerocaribbean ( 2 semanales a La Havana v?a Santiago de Cuba en IL-18D, este mediante acuerdo de codigo compartido con Taino Airlines), Cubana de Aviaci?n ( 2 semanales desde La Havana en IL-62M ), Aces ( 2 semanales en 320 y 727-200 a Bogot? de salida con escala en Punta Cana ) Air ALM ( con 4 semanales a Curazao en MD-83) Air Cara?bes ( 1 diario a Point-a-Pitre en ERJ-145 ), Mexicana de Aviaci?n ( 2 semanales a M?xico d.f. con escala en Canc?n en Fokker 100 ),
North American Airlines ( 2 semanales a New York en 757-200 ), Air Europa ( 5 semanales a Madrid en 767-300ER ), las charteras Martinair, Corsair, Sobelair, Condor, Lauda Air Italy, Lauda Air Austria, Eurofly, Air Transat, Yes Airlines, LTU International, Britannia, Monarch, y otras muchas mas.

Las de cargas DHL ( con 5 diarios a Miami 4 en 727-200 y 1 en 707) Fedex ( 2 semanales a Miami en 767F ), Leader Jet ( 2 semanales a Miami en 737-200F ), Fine Air ( 1 diario en DC-8-62F, se dice que Aeromar le paso el servicio de carga suya a esta ), Amerijet ( 2 diarios en 727-200F a Miami ), UPS ( 6 semanales a Miami en 757-200F ), Challenger Air ( 3 semanales a Miami en DC-10 y 757-200F uno de ellos el ultimo avion ), Tacsa ( charter desde Sur Am?rica ), Caribe Cargo ( charter a Europa y Sur Am?rica en A300 esta es dominicana, es unida a Heavy Lift ), y otras mas.

TWA ya se retiro del pais por la fusion con American Airlines, igual se fue Canada 3000 por quiebra, City Bird y otras.
Y? American no viene en MD-11 y Air Europa desde 2 a?os viene regular, no charter.

a llegado mas aerol?neas y nuevos vuelos y el pasado a?o el aeropuerto movi? aprox. 2.5 millones de viajeros.

algunas de esas informaciones no corresponden con lo de ahora. es antigua.

S

sam

Muy buena informacion, espero que abran mas rutas y con precios fabulosos , de esa manera nuestros dominicanos ausentes viajarian hasta 2 veces al a?os o mas.

Y porsupuesto el turismo, traer mas divisas a nuestra bella isla.

Espero que a criss colon le guste la idea y a TW.

bueno me despido.

samuel

C

criss colon

What do these guys take us for,complete idiots???!!! A whole thread of just the two of them,what luck! Same old "Shit",differant day!!Ok everyone! I am happy to announce the coming to Santo Domingo,"Aerolineas Colon"! We have 50 brand new planes,we will fly to Venezuela/Curacao,Miami,NewYork,Spain,Mexico- City,Germany/Holland,and Italy!We start "soon".Please send $250.00 US to reserve your seat! Call now!I just don,t know where to call,or when we start,or,or,or,or!!! Criss

T

Theresa

Re: Amen....sign me up!

I am getting tired of these illusive BS posts...

E

El Jefecito

For my comfort and safety, can you add a flight from Colorado Springs. I could use a non-stop. Of course I expect full meal service, double miles, free upgrade to first class, and my own parachute...

How about service from Kankakee and Streator? I think its only fair...

C

criss colon

"AIR COLON" features only luxury "mini-cabins"! For "EL Jefe", Limos from Kankakee and/or Streator to our "Midwest Hub" Peoria,Illinois! Free "overnight" at the Holiday Inn of Peoria,includes dinner and breakfast at "IHOP"! 8:30 AM. departure with Nonstop,gourmet "Brunch" service to Santo Domingo,s,Las Americas Int. Airport.Also included, our complimentary "Lear-Jet" shuttle service to,Santiago,and Puerto Plata!"WELCOME ABOARD"! "This is "Criss Colon",and I,ll be you pilot today!" "Carol,and Jan" will be serving you,if you need "anything" be sure to ask them! Have an enjoyable flight!

C

Carol

Terms of my Contract

Criss

I've been studying the terms of my contract with 'Air Colon'. Nowhere does it say that I'm actually expected to serve up 'anything'. Of course for a salary increase I might be more accommodating - Oh what the hell!! anything goes as long as you put a flight on to England now and again.

P

Pib

Hey Criss

Can I get a job in the aforementioned airline. You will need someone to take care of the cargo side of the business. Moreover, I am willing to discuss the terms of my contract over a glass of wine... out of the office. Only problem is that I can be costly, BUT WORTH IT.

Do I have to call you Boss from now on?

C

Carol

Re: Hey Criss

I've heard that it's 'Mr Colon sir' from a confidential source.

C

Carol

Take off and Landing Lights

Criss, put me up front and you won't need 'em!!

C

criss colon

Call me anything you like,except late for "Cocktails"!! My "Fake Airline"is more fun than those other guys "Fake Airlines"!! Criss

A

azb

Re: criss: can i be your pilot?

Too bad, due to the current events, Us (muslims) cannot attend any private aviation schools in the country to be a pilot. I tell you what, i am practicing on my Microsoft flight simulator 2000 to make up the required hours. Can I qualify to be your pilot in Air Colon? I promise not to carry along box cutters or plastic knives.

E

El Jefecito

Having worked in contracting on the B1-B, the HC 130 Spectre Gunship, the OV-10 upgrades and several satellite programs including GPS, I should be hired as purchasing agent. (we can split the kickbacks)

S

sam

The new look of Las Americas International Airport
President Hipolito Mejia attended a ceremony that marked the completion of the first phase of the remodeling of the Las Americas Jose Francisco Pe?a Gomez International Airport. Aerodom, the private operator of the airport, reported the facelift cost US$45 million and was completed in 20 months.
It included an expansion of parking areas and new air conditioning systems. Passenger entry and departure areas were expanded and improved. New baggage conveyor belts were installed and the runways were improved. Abraham Hazoury of Aerodom said the airport is now, if not the largest, one of the most lovely and modern in Latin America.
The executive announced the start of the second phase that calls for construction of a north terminal, modern hangars, a second runway and changes to the cargo terminal.
Following the re-inauguration of the airport, President Mejia met with about 80 tourism executives at the presidential beach house in Juan Dolio. One of the topics discussed was measures to promote an increased flow of tourists from Latin America. The government is expected to announce the elimination of visa requirements