One night in SD, which restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I'll be arriving in SD on Friday night and leaving Saturday morning for adventure. I'm no newcomer, but it's been a year since I've been in SD and I forgot all the places I liked. Anyway, I'll be staying on the Malecon at the Hilton and would prefer not to stray too far. I used to go to that popular touristy outdoor place on the Malecon, whose name eludes me but I'm sure you know it. I don't wanna go there again. I'm not big on upscale places, not cuz I'm cheap but because I hate people fawning all over me. I work in a restaurant, haha. And I'm looking for Dominican cuisine but will consider other ethnicities. Lastly, no beef. Thanks!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
La Parilla is an easy , outdoor, reasonably priced place.....

on the malecon, near that fancy restaurant... which may be closed now

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
El Conuco, Casimiro de Moya (one street north of Independencia right where Jaragua is. They relaunched, did mayor remodeling and have a new chef and new (Dominican) menu. It's less rice and beans / goat and a little more gourmet now.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Meson de bari in the colonial zone run by the same family for over 100 years with authentic dominican food as well as other choices. Some reviews online say it is expensive but most entrees are RD$325-350.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
He said he wasn't big on upscale places or beef, yet most all post fall into those categories from what I see.

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
He said he wasn't big on upscale places or beef, yet most all post fall into those categories from what I see.

Try Mimosa in the Colonial Zone. Has a nice menu with lots of selections. Prices not that bad either.
Has options for three different seating areas. Whatever you can think of is on the menu. Crayfish, octopus just to name a few.

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
?Pap?, vete a Barra Pay?n y p?dete un pay?n ehpecial con un moril so?ando pa' tomal! As? te queda la experiencia dominicana aut?ntica.

BARRA PAYAN!!!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
..........................And I'm looking for Dominican cuisine but will consider other ethnicities. Lastly, no beef. Thanks!

Simple, Vizcaya Restaurant, Av. San Mart?n No.42 EsQ Dr. Delgado, Santo Domingo

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Change of plans, or thought process. My friend wants Italian. I ate at a great place in the Colonial Zone. It was sort of an outdoor garden and disgustingly upscale, but the food was excellent. Does anyone know the name? I forget the name of the street, but I think it's on the street at the end of El Conde, the end where Hard Rock is.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I'll be arriving in SD on Friday night and leaving Saturday morning for adventure. I'm no newcomer, but it's been a year since I've been in SD and I forgot all the places I liked. Anyway, I'll be staying on the Malecon at the Hilton and would prefer not to stray too far. I used to go to that popular touristy outdoor place on the Malecon, whose name eludes me but I'm sure you know it. I don't wanna go there again. I'm not big on upscale places, not cuz I'm cheap but because I hate people fawning all over me. I work in a restaurant, haha. And I'm looking for Dominican cuisine but will consider other ethnicities. Lastly, no beef. Thanks!

I would direct you to Hermanos Villar on independencia and Pasteur, but there is an undesireable element lurking there that is targeting tourists. Just last week an american was murdered on that street and the crime has NOT been solved.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Change of plans, or thought process. My friend wants Italian. I ate at a great place in the Colonial Zone. It was sort of an outdoor garden and disgustingly upscale, but the food was excellent. Does anyone know the name? I forget the name of the street, but I think it's on the street at the end of El Conde, the end where Hard Rock is.

incredulous.gif

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.