Not Another Ugly American

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I do not want appear as Another Ugly American, but I am very frustrated and angry with these 25 peso ragged cars! Just two day ago coming home in a good mood after seeing a play, one of these trash cars hit my car all because he want to make a two lane into his private three lane so he can get another 25 pesos. After he hit my car he tried to run but the piece of crap car of his could not out run mine. I pulled in front him and stopped, got out to ask for license and registration, he just sat in his car (full of passengers) (packed like sardines) and acted like nothing happened. There was a truck that he also hit pulling the bumper off the truck. I asked to get out the car he would not and had no insurance. He was scared as heck and asked us to call 911 AMET! I opened the door but he would not get out. The driver of the truck was trying to calm me down and was very forgiving ( and his vehicle was damaged far worst than mine) GO FIGURE. I finally just drove off the next day had the scuff removed for $200.00 pesos. I did not want make a claim for the damage and incur a rise in my insurance, however, this guy and the others should not get off without some form of payment. They have no incentive to get insurance, pay for their damage, or better yet, stop driving like fools! Apart from physical damage to them, or breaking something on their car ( which is not good condition, and may make it look better) stabbing two of their tires, what is there to do?

May 12, 2005
I do not want appear as Another Ugly American, but I am very frustrated and angry with these 25 peso ragged cars! Just two day ago coming home in a good mood after seeing a play, one of these trash cars hit my car all because he want to make a two lane into his private three lane so he can get another 25 pesos. After he hit my car he tried to run but the piece of crap car of his could not out run mine. I pulled in front him and stopped, got out to ask for license and registration, he just sat in his car (full of passengers) (packed like sardines) and acted like nothing happened. There was a truck that he also hit pulling the bumper off the truck. I asked to get out the car he would not and had no insurance. He was scared as heck and asked us to call 911 AMET! I opened the door but he would not get out. The driver of the truck was trying to calm me down and was very forgiving ( and his vehicle was damaged far worst than mine) GO FIGURE. I finally just drove off the next day had the scuff removed for $200.00 pesos. I did not want make a claim for the damage and incur a rise in my insurance, however, this guy and the others should not get off without some form of payment. They have no incentive to get insurance, pay for their damage, or better yet, stop driving like fools! Apart from physical damage to them, or breaking something on their car ( which is not good condition, and may make it look better) stabbing two of their tires, what is there to do?

Adapt or find another place to live. That's about it

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012

Don't drive here if you can't take the risks...

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

Stop complaining. These guys are working all the hours god sends to bring home very little. They leave the house at the crack of dawn, and come home last thing at night. Typically have sizable families to feed and are a step up from workhorses in DR. Either downgrade your car, become better aware of your surroundings on the road, use a taxi or go elsewhere. You can continue to moan but it will continue to fall on deaf ears!:pirate:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.................. what is there to do?

As Frank the Tank says, adapt or find somewhere else to live. It would take me a year and a day to tell you all the stuff that just p.i.s.s.e.s me off here. I have two choices, change my way of thinking or go back to where I came from. At this point my mind is set on changing how I think and what I think is the right way to do things. It is what it is. Please don't even think an entire country is going to change because of a few angry foreigners. I am a guest here, and pleased to be one.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
They Own the Country.

(...) this guy and the others should not get off without some form of payment. They have no incentive to get insurance, pay for their damage, or better yet, stop driving like fools!

Why should they be held responsible??
People call them "los due?os del pa?s"..... :rolleyes:

donP

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
Yeah, like it is my fault their household do not put a value on education so they can get a better job, or continue to vote the same con artist into office, and if you do not have the money, do not have the kids. duh! So I should show some compassion for wanting ADULTS to at like ADULTS? You know? You seem to be a person that would continue seeing people jumping off a cliff and would never inform them of the path you take to get to the bottom of the moutain.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yeah, like it is my fault their household do not put a value on education so they can get a better job, or continue to vote the same con artist into office, and if you do not have the money, do not have the kids. duh! So I should show some compassion for wanting ADULTS to at like ADULTS? You know? You seem to be a person that would continue seeing people jumping off a cliff and would never inform them of the path you take to get to the bottom of the moutain.

you don't get it. what you dealt with was a member of the rank and file. that is the way they think. they do not care about you, nor your car. he turns when, and where he wants to. if he hits you, tough titty. it is your fault.

guess what? he was here before you, and he will be here long after you are gone. no amount of lectures about civility, personal responsibility, education, good manners and social etiquette means a hill of beans to him. you can't fix what ails him. he cannot be a part of any reclamation project. he is meandering protoplasm, ambling through life at a level that you cannot conceive.he can walk, talk, operate simple machinery, and find his way out of bed in the mornings. beyond that, it is a crap shoot.

he is not like the educated, urbane, classy Dominicans that you will be fortunate enough to meet. your problem is that you will meet him often. very often.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
you don't get it. what you dealt with was a member of the rank and file. that is the way they think. they do not care about you, nor your car. he turns when, and where he wants to. if he hits you, tough titty. it is your fault.

guess what? he was here before you, and he will be here long after you are gone. no amount of lectures about civility, personal responsibility, education, good manners and social etiquette means a hill of beans to him. you can't fix what ails him. he cannot be a part of any reclamation project. he is meandering protoplasm, ambling through life at a level that you cannot conceive.he can walk, talk, operate simple machinery, and find his way out of bed in the mornings. beyond that, it is a crap shoot.

he is not like the educated, urbane, classy Dominicans that you will be fortunate enough to meet. your problem is that you will meet him often. very often.

...too often.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014

Or just drive like they do.I have a large truck so when they squeeze me like that make some contact and push them into the rain gutter and watch one of their tires come off .then give the guy the same look like yours did and drive away!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

You have no idea of how Dominican society survives, social structure, or real life and so your values mean nothing in DR, nor your opinion. You sure are in the wrong place to be making a thread about publico diving and a 200peso scuff on your car.

Ignore me, moment of madness, having a ****y day!

Last edited:

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Nothing against the original poster. We can't let any measure of "Road Rage" make us do things. For everyone's safety never approach a car alone never try to open the door to said car. It could be seen as a act of aggression on your part and met with severe violence. If it was a car full of young thugs who knows what could have happened. Even here in America I would never approach another car, cause you never know the state of mind of the other driver. RD200 pesos he got off not only cheap but very lucky. A car can be fixed or buy another one , once you're dead there is no coming back from that.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Stop complaining. These guys are working all the hours god sends to bring home very little. They leave the house at the crack of dawn, and come home last thing at night. Typically have sizable families to feed and are a step up from workhorses in DR. Either downgrade your car, become better aware of your surroundings on the road, use a taxi or go elsewhere. You can continue to moan but it will continue to fall on deaf ears!:pirate:

Why in the world would they have sizeable families to feed?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is there to do?

i day dream about slaughtering them with electric saw, crushing their cars for scrap, burning their houses and then ploughing the earth with salt. it brings some relief. highly advisable.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
i day dream about slaughtering them with electric saw, crushing their cars for scrap, burning their houses and then ploughing the earth with salt. it brings some relief. highly advisable.

I love the ones that when I get in automatically turn into taxis and try to charge me $250.00 pesos for a $25.00 peso ride...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
30loy01.jpg