Help finding a hotel

B

Brent

Looking for an inexpensive place for a room(nothing special, really, looking under 20 bux a night) in Santo Domingo. Recommendations and websites would be helpful. Thanks.

V

vd

try YMCA in Santo Domingo: phones; 688 1507, 688 7198, 688 0118 and 688 0199

B

Brent

Re: Under US$20? Hard...

After doing a little more research, I'm seeing under 40 is a much more reasonable number.

L

lil sam

Hotel moderno, air conditioned cable tv semi hot water generator
good water pressure 300rd a night near Parque Independencia
telf 809 682 5140 ,Calle Palo Hicado No 301 Bring your own Roach Spray

G

Gerd

Hotel Fermin

Francisco Henriquez y Carvajal #107
(Near Parque Enriquilo)

Tel 221-7710 / 221-7610

RD$ 125 per night and better bring your own sheets.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Minus Five Star Hotels in Santo Domingo

Here is a list of Minus Five Star(-*****) Hotels in Santo Domingo
(visit at your own risk)
1)Hotel Rest. El Principe in the heart of Villas Agricolas and Capotillo-809-536-3900 with Jacuzzi,video,parabola and riots once a week.

2)Hotel Caba?a Ovando at my favorite CHOPA street, Nicolas de Ovando 391. Free noise. Free danger. Free women.Free muggings 809-565-4226

3)El hotelucho del Chino Fong at, you guessed it again..Ovando Street 31. Try heads of cats with your chow mein.536-4800

4)Gran Bahamas Hotel-Avenida Las Americas km10 598-7571-If you like Bachata and chopas this is it.

5)Hotel Apolo-Avenida Duarte 142a-809-682-4540 The ultimate in choperia. Plenty of pickpockets to help you with your daily exercises in the nearby sidewalks.

6)Hotel Babilom-Avenida Duarte 80- They offer you the luxury of ancient Babylon, they just could not spell the name right. 809-5971

7)Hotel Duque de Wellington-Ave. Independencia 304, 809-682-4525 If you are straight, be sure to wear a paper bag over your face.

8)Hotel Dormitorio La Plaza-Avenida Duarte 603-809-7912- Bring your own bed, fumigation kit and a portable toilet. Meet Dr. Flea, the roach eater of Avenida Duarte.

9)Hotel Mi Horizonte, calle 41 #79 Cristo Rey-809-3954 Bring an UZI. You may also get tickets for Father Rogelio Christmas party and get a free tour of the Christmas Light Show at Calle Las Orquideas. Visit the Cine Aire Libre(open roof movie house) and have fun throwing chewing gum balls, pissing on the floor and throwing spit balls.

10)Hotel Restaurant Latino- Villas Agricolas-809-536-6251 Tour the Capotillo neighborhood and see the Villas Agricolas night life and try cuchifritos, and picalongas made with dog meat.

If none of these fits your needs Just walk along Duarte Avenue, Nicolas de Ovando, Caracas St. and there are plenty more that would crack my top 10 anytime.

A

azb

Re: wow TW, i am impressed...

I would like to know, how do you know the inside info on all of these places? Personal experience?
I must say, I am impressed with your quick knowledge on anything and everything.
P.S. I had a good laughter reading it.

A

arf

Try Betty's, in the Zona Colonial. Don't know if she has a website, but she is listed in the Lonely Planet. She has a dorm type place that she does for under 20$ per night, may even be 10$, but I am not certian. Good luck!

J

jim

thats funny

thats as funny as the post scaramooch did a couple yrs. ago about eating cats.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: AZB We need the-5 stars in Santiago! *DC*

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Arf: A $10 hotel? We got to see this one

Arf: You sure made a great find. Can you verify that for me so I can update my database? Imagine, anything that can beat Hotel Reyna Dominicana on Autopista 30 de Mayo at $10 deserves a finders price. The Reyna Dominicana of course is a 4-hour minus 4 star and sinking, with the air-conditioning at full cool blast hitting 80 degrees and in the heat of an orgasm it can get as high as 120 degrees with the wind factor.

One time I almost toasted my weenie. They also have suspicious mirrors and things that look like peepholes. Your best bet is to turn off the lights totally before you get into action. And watch out for the pay revolving window. The guy can fit his head in there easily and peep you. He looks like a caretaker too. Close it real good.

My car would turn into the killer car in the movie "The Car" and run me over if I try their towels on its tires. The condoms look like surgical gloves. But the worst thing is that you have to bag your head in shame for just going in there. This is the Bates Motel of Caba?as. Of course, you ask yourself how TW get in there? Well, the story goes that I was in an urge going towards Caba?as Presidente and a huge rainstorm hit just before Academia Militar de Las Americas, so being new at the time, I drove into this cauldron. My car was up to the fender in water.

TW

H

hillbilly

this might help-a serious answer, TW!!

Try calling the Peace Corps office in Santo Domingo and ask where the volunteers stay when they are in town. 685 4102 or 221 2171

hb

C

cejay

Re: try the brand new CAPOTILLO BEACH RESORT

TRY BARCELO CAPELLA BEACH RESORT ON YOUR WAY TOWARDS SAN PEDRO. MAYBE 1 HR DRIVE FROM SANTO DOMINIGO. I STAY THERE AFTER I GOT MARRIED AND LOVED IT. IT'S LIKE $80.00US PER PERSON BUT EVERYTHING INCLUDED BEERS, DRINKS, FOOD BUFFET (BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER) AND GREAT ENTERTAINMENT AND A DISCO TECH AT THE RESORT. I DEF. RECOMMEND IT!!!!