DR1 forum newbi - need advice - marry or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoWiseGuy

Nov 22, 2014
Hi there, finding my way around this forum, apparently this is were it all starts - to post a thread to say hello. I have a rather long story to tell where I am hoping to get second (or more) opinions whether or not to proceed and eventually marry a woman from DR. To my mind the case is far from clear cut, hence I'd like to get your opinion on it. Marriage isn't something to be taken lightly for the consequences are just too big...

Not sure whether I should post the story here... :confused:

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome to dr1. Go ahead and post however there are many threads regarding the subject matter you are interested in. You will receive a multitude of suggestions based on others experiences. Good luck.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Pass the popcorn please. Seriously, if you are asking you already know the answer. Until then, details, details, details.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One thing you need to know if you do not. When you get married in the DR HALF of all money you have is hers when she goes to a lawyer for a divorce. They will freeze any bank accounts that you have. Real Estate is different though.

If you are broke marriage is a viable option.

NotSoWiseGuy

Nov 22, 2014
thanks for your reply. As mofongoloco wrote, I shall 'pass the popcorn' :D and provide details. Errm, it wont be just details, but quite a 'novel'... so have a big bucket of popcorn ready... ;-)

NotSoWiseGuy

Nov 22, 2014
Hmm, folks, I can't post my 'novel'. The error message I get reads 'Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.'
How many words or characters am I allowed to put into one post? The text I am trying to post is long, yes, but there no URLs and no double quotes in it.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Marriage is never a good business deal for a man, especially a Dominican bride. Like you hear so often on this board, rent,rent, rent.
Or to quote the famous singer Rod Stewart, "Next time I think about getting married, I'm just going to find a woman I hate and buy her a house".
Don't complicate your life, you will hear beautiful stories "oh I found the perfect mate we have been together for decades blah blah" This island and the U.S for that matter is full of brides, at the very least don't rush into anything.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hmm, folks, I can't post my 'novel'. The error message I get reads 'Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.'
How many words or characters am I allowed to put into one post? The text I am trying to post is long, yes, but there no URLs and no double quotes in it.

So post it in pieces, WTF!
Better yet, get right to the point, how many thousands of dollars did you spend on her chulo's house?

NotSoWiseGuy

Nov 22, 2014
Tamborista, gee, no need to curse. I managed to post it now. So, get that popcorn out and let me know your opinion. Sure, there will be a fair share of sarcastic and otherwise useless replies, among which I hope for some more serious replies. I started a new thread under 'Men from mars and women from venus' with headline 'Marry or not. What would you do?'

NotSoWiseGuy

Nov 22, 2014
well, yes, and no. It is good, if it all goes well regardless of where that family comes from, poor or not. Also, Dominican or not does not matter. There are sad tales, also in Switzerland, were families fell apart resulting in bitter divorce wars and worse...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome to DR1 notsowiseguy.

So we don't get two threads running about the same thing, I'm closing this one, so we can concentrate on your novela. I just read your other thread, and you've got some good advice there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.