A Typical Accident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Cabarete
A local guy on a moped and a car (driven by a tourist) collided.

Regionales

[video=youtube;tqTx957gI-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTx957gI-U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

donP

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
looks to me as it is the bikes fault....he should have slowed down and pulled to the right shoulder....

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
IMO the driver of the car should have let the motorcycle passed by.

The speed of the motorcycle is not important, clearly lack of experience of the driver of the car.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
looks to me as it is the bikes fault....he should have slowed down and pulled to the right shoulder....

it is not the bike's fault. he does not have an obligation to slow down. the SUV has the duty to make sure the roadway is clear before entering. that is how things are in the world of liability.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
correct me if i am wrong but research shows that in the event of an impending motorcycle crash, the majority of riders actually accelerate, thinking that they can escape the crash. the correct course of action is to slow down.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
[video=youtube_share;DJL_YorvfhI]http://youtu.be/DJL_YorvfhI[/video]

Old video but it shows how dangerous it is driving there.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the jeepeta was at fault. he should have let the motor pass. i only enter when coast is clear. i can wait, no rush.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
[video=youtube_share;DJL_YorvfhI]http://youtu.be/DJL_YorvfhI[/video]

Old video but it shows how dangerous it is driving there.

imagine a guy driving at that speed with people in the back of a pickup. now it makes sense that the DR has the highest rate of vehicular deaths in the world.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well im wondering if the bike driver had slowed down saw the car...and avoided the cars mistake...would he have injuries now? a broken bike...i dont trust cars....

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
putting some of these guys behind the wheel of a car is like sending a monkey to ring a church bell.

I am convinced the monkey will do a much better job!
Why people always compare human beings with animals; animals are smarter than human beings, ie, I don't see a whale driving a car! And I have seen some human beings, looking like a whale, driving a car! :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
looks like the suv pulled out and then the bike appeared...

trust me on this one, chic; the bike didn't just fall out of the sky. it was there when the SUV entered the roadway. the SUV guy should have looked before he turned.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
[/QUOTE] davetuna : ;1509274 ha ha, yes, its like looking at myself!!........only the guy didn't pull out on me, he was in front of me and did a turn right in front of me.......i flew just like that.[/QUOTE]

ha ha ? you think this is funny ? I believe the moto driver was killed and the SUV driver was taken to hospital with possible heart attack.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
An appeal ad was posted on Saturday in the group entitled Everything Cabarete! "For Sale/Rent, Surf/Kite, complete random ect." on Facebook for donations being sought by friends and family of the moto driver, Brandy Matos. These are a few of the comments.

"He had an accident on his moto this past Friday. He's in critical condition and needs surgery. A lot of his friends and family are collecting money for this. Anybody who wishes to donate or help out can contact the person on the ad, or give a donation to the people with signs in the main road."

"Please donate if you can. He is a great young man who is well-loved by many."

"Please help this kid, good person and good basketball player."

Status
Not open for further replies.