Bringing an ATV from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz104

Apr 5, 2014
I'm planning to fly my Yamaha YZF450 into STI next month and was wondering if anyone has any experience with Aduana in regards to import taxes on a ATV?

I have a dirt cheap rate on the shipping, however I'm always open to suggestions and other methods that could save me money and extortion from Aduana.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Man I want one also. Here is the problem the shiping is not that bad . What will kill you is getting the license plate/regustrathion. Big $$$

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Expect to pay about 40 to 50 % of the value that customs puts on it when they see it.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
You're screwed. I often go on Minneapolis Craigslist and look at all the fun toys I could afford...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Might want to consider sending it in parts in a barrel, if the body does not fit, get an estimate on sending that part separately. But dont ship parts and body together.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I brought in a 2013 Raptor 700R brand new last year, price in FL was $8,000 cost me another $4,000 between shipping, brokerage, import duty, etc (it came in a container with a bunch of other stuff we ordered so I cannot give you exact cost and it might be more if you ship it solo)...funny enough, its actually manufactured in the USA and should be import duty free via the free trade agreement DR-NAFTA ..but...NOT in reality, just in law, like so many other things in this country.

FYI, when you order it new it comes in a neat boxy package on a pallet and you just have to assemble the wheels and main parts. This probably brings down the cost compared to shipping a fully assembled ATV.

You need to have a good customs broker otherwise you will get raped.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I brought in a 2013 Raptor 700R brand new last year, price in FL was $8,000 cost me another $4,000 between shipping, brokerage, import duty, etc (it came in a container with a bunch of other stuff we ordered so I cannot give you exact cost and it might be more if you ship it solo)...funny enough, its actually manufactured in the USA and should be import duty free via the free trade agreement DR-NAFTA ..but...NOT in reality, just in law, like so many other things in this country.

FYI, when you order it new it comes in a neat boxy package on a pallet and you just have to assemble the wheels and main parts. This probably brings down the cost compared to shipping a fully assembled ATV.

You need to have a good customs broker otherwise you will get raped.

The reason you still had to pay a total of about 50% to get it here despite it being made in the US is because right after the DR CAFTA agreement was made, the DR increased another category of taxes that they apply so they don't lose out on your tax dollars. Sound like a violation of the agreement? Nobody seems to care.

Buzz104

Apr 5, 2014
I'm shipping it to my wife's cousin who works in Aduana. He's already got it taken care of for the grand total of $300 dollars!

After running around like a chicken with my head cut off, my wife suddenly remembered she had a relative that worked in Aduana. Contacted him and got a good deal on import duties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.