New Fast Food Resturant Opened at Agora Mall - Wendy's

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Just few days ago, Wendy's officially opened its doors at Agora Mall. This is good news, more jobs for Dominicans and more business for Agora Mall.

Photo provided from other site (Respectful to the rightful owner) :

IMG_3313_zps8d73d968.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i've been to wendy's in SD (which has since closed, i think) and santiago. very, very, very average. i'm not a huge fan of fast food burgers but if i had to choose i would pick carl's junior. that was decent. but about 900 pesos for two people. i recon it's pricey.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There are several Wendy's in SD. My wife says they are better than McDonalds.......which they are not, only more expensive.

I fail to see why this is worth a topic though, unless MiamiDRguy's business is posting posts all over the Internet about businesses opening in DR.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I agree with your wife Mauricio. I'm not a big fan of fast food burger joints, but I'd drive a few extra miles for Wendy's.

I just don't understand all these US places in DR.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I agree with your wife Mauricio. I'm not a big fan of fast food burger joints, but I'd drive a few extra miles for Wendy's.

I just don't understand all these US places in DR.

I'll choose a U.S. fast food place over a Dominican one anytime and McDonalds is my favorite. Unfortunately we have Wendy's and McDonalds on an equal distance from our house, and since she's the boss she tells me to get the children Wendy's since it's 'healthier'........sure.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
I'll choose a U.S. fast food place over a Dominican one anytime and McDonalds is my favorite. Unfortunately we have Wendy's and McDonalds on an equal distance from our house, and since she's the boss she tells me to get the children Wendy's since it's 'healthier'........sure.

While it is just one man's opinion, I used to have a friend that worked in the meat processing industry, and he always said that Wendy's was one of the fast food chains that was willing to pay slightly more for their beef. He said that Jack in a Box and McDonalds paid the absolute minimum.

I'm not sure that makes it "healthier". It's just something I always remembered.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
US food franchises are an appealing business model here because all of the ingredients, equipment and staff training is provided by the parent organization (at a cost of course). It's essentially a "turn-key" business and people prefer easy to having to figure out reliable and consistent supply chains here.

Not good if your signature product tastes like beef one week and caballo the next.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Thankfully here on the north coast we have one Burger King (attached to a gas station) and one Pizza hut (trailer in a super market parking lot) and NOTHING else that reminds me of the garbage fast food of the US.

Bob K

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am pretty sure pizza hut is no more. but there is dominoes pizza in la sirena. even worse than pizza hut.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Still better than Pizzarelli

you're pressing me to make difficult choices. this is not what i signed up for when i moved to a relaxing tropical island :)

i'm a fan of fast food as such: burgers, hot dogs, pizza. i just don't like crap sold in those chains. and in DR is's not even that cheap.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
you're pressing me to make difficult choices. this is not what i signed up for when i moved to a relaxing tropical island :)

i'm a fan of fast food as such: burgers, hot dogs, pizza. i just don't like crap sold in those chains. and in DR is's not even that cheap.
On that I agree. And of course a burger of Chef Pepper, Max Fifty or Bistro 351 is much better than any of the American fast food chains. And when a menu in BK costs 350 pesos for starters, a forest burger from Chef Pepper at 400 pesos makes sense.

Anything is better than rice and beans or locrio.

Btw...relaxing tropical island? I always thought you also lived in DR.