Detras Del Rumor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What a difference a day makes. Portions of "The Internet" were acting up and now are returning to normalcy.

Makes one wonder if any other Dominican websites were acting strangely or 'out' at the same time DR1 went down......

Oh God, I sound like a conspiracy nut. Guilty as charged. :)

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The problem with Detras Del Rumor was a DNS resolver issue. It may have been an attack or it may have been an honest mistake made during maintenance on the site. omehow, the DNS record got pointed to CNN. Once the erroneous change propagates, it takes time for the correction to propagate as well. The "internet" wasn't acting up, people were.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The problem with Detras Del Rumor was a DNS resolver issue. It may have been an attack or it may have been an honest mistake made during maintenance on the site. omehow, the DNS record got pointed to CNN. Once the erroneous change propagates, it takes time for the correction to propagate as well. The "internet" wasn't acting up, people were.

I hate when that happens.

But I do contend that people can make the Internet act up. Normal is so much better.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Detras, for abit, did not "re-purchase" their ownership to the domain (feel free to PM me on what exactly that means), aside from that, there has been a few other issues....

That doesn't seem true. The Whois register says their domain was registered (again) in July of this year for two years.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I thought they got hacked and then the link re-directed... anyways its back on now =)

Status
Not open for further replies.