Are these women from RD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexi

Dec 9, 2014
I came across it the other day lol.. The music sounds English, doesn't sound spanish, but the girls, and just how they are and the environment, hmm like RD, do you guys know them, where it was made? I must admit i had a good laugh looking at it lol.

[video=youtube;t5Nb-HUtOOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Nb-HUtOOg[/video]

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Wow, huh.... If there was only a clue in the video. Maybe the Aleutian Islands?

mexi

Dec 9, 2014
was just confused because of the type of music used in the video thats all, doesn't exactly sound like bachata, you know?

Feb 7, 2007
There are several clues... and one of the most giving is Clarke's Court rum... from Grenada
Also the title of the video says Mister Grenada.
It's just too obvious ....

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
I came across it the other day lol.. The music sounds English, doesn't sound spanish, but the girls, and just how they are and the environment, hmm like RD, do you guys know them, where it was made? I must admit i had a good laugh looking at it lol.

[video=youtube;t5Nb-HUtOOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Nb-HUtOOg[/video]

Are They From RD? Excellent question. After watching the video several times I was able to ascertain they are medical students from Santiago's PUCMM doing charity work at a leper colony in Granada. The panties will have to be burned.

Aug 6, 2006
Grenada is an independent island republic (one large island and several smaller ones) that was named by the Spanish, then colonized by the French for 120 years and England for around 200. The English, not being good at Spanish, pronounced Grenada (gray NAH da) as gray NAY da) and then changed the spelling to reflect this. It doesn't resemble the Spanish province of Granada all that much, but it is mountainous and has palm trees, and if one is a Basque or a Gallego, it seemed to have some similarity.

The people are descended from Africans, East Indians, Europeans and even some Arawaks and Caribs. The official language is English, but nearly everyone speaks Grenadian Creole, and some speak a French patois called Antillian Creole and Hindi. There are a lot of Hindi words used by everyone. It is somewhat like Trinidad.

The British discovered that it was an ideal place to grow nutmeg and mace (the fruit and nut from the same tree) and that is why it is on the national flag.

I don't see where the origin of this clip is confusing at all. It is clearly Grenadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.