romantic restaurant santiago or mao

acabrera7186

Jan 17, 2013
hey guys im getting married in jan and wanted to know what are the best romantic restaurant so i can take my family and his family to dinner thanks

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Felicidades...much congratulations. I am sure those who live in the area will help out. I am in the Capital. Again congrats!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Understood..however I meant those here on DR1 who live in the area will offer ideas I am sure.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Only one decent restaurant in Mao and that is El Meson opposite the Morel Supermarket. Suggest you don't go too upmarket for his family as it is likely to make them feel uncomfortable. Am sure those in Santiago will chime in with some there

Matilda

acabrera7186

Jan 17, 2013
Only one decent restaurant in Mao and that is El Meson opposite the Morel Supermarket. Suggest you don't go too upmarket for his family as it is likely to make them feel uncomfortable. Am sure those in Santiago will chime in with some there

Matilda

Cool i won't I been only once there but I forgot how it looks like

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I second camp david. Food is just OK to good but view is nice and the restaurant is nice. If they rarely go to restaurants they will LOVE it.
Camp David is the place to go for romantic dinner. Food isn't great and it gets cold faster so I'll stick with something light and cheapest on the menu.

Marisco Caribeno, Is Romantic.
I guess Marisco Caribe?o is okay but doesn't have the views, food is little better though. The Noah which is right next to Marisco Caribe?o have somewhat cosmopolitan feels and decent food option too.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Outside of Santiago the mountain road going towards Cabarete has 3 really nice restaurants with the best view you will see anywhere around. Up in the clouds over there. The best one is the first one you come to on your left. If you pass it you will see 2 others around the curve. I can't remember the name of the one I like, but the food is way better than anything you will get at Camp David, and the view is just spectacular.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
Outside of Santiago the mountain road going towards Cabarete has 3 really nice restaurants with the best view you will see anywhere around. Up in the clouds over there. The best one is the first one you come to on your left. If you pass it you will see 2 others around the curve. I can't remember the name of the one I like, but the food is way better than anything you will get at Camp David, and the view is just spectacular.

The one you like is called El Molino de la Cumbre, the other two which are higher up the mountain road are called Caffeto and Rancho La Cumbre

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The one you like is called El Molino de la Cumbre, the other two which are higher up the mountain road are called Caffeto and Rancho La Cumbre

Yes that is the one. I highly recommend this place for what the OP wants. Go a bit before sunset.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Camp David is best for ambiance and romantic view. I would recommend going for after dinner drinks or dessert. Dinner would be best at Pedros.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"POLLO VICTORINA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF THESE ARE POOR "CAMPESINOS", and it seems they might be, it will be a big waste of their time, and your money to take them"High End Dining".
Really!
No offense intended!
Over 20 years ago I took by new bride, and about 15 family members to "Vesuvios" here in SD.
They ALL ordered either shrimp, or lobster, then just picked at it.
GO FOR A CHEAP DINNER, THEN TO A DISCO WITH A GOOD SHOW, AND PAY FOR THE DRINKS.
that, WILL MAKE THEM ALL HAPPY!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccc

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
"POLLO VICTORINA"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF THESE ARE POOR "CAMPESINOS", and it seems they might be, it will be a big waste of their time, and your money to take them"High End Dining".
Really!
No offense intended!
Over 20 years ago I took by new bride, and about 15 family members to "Vesuvios" here in SD.
They ALL ordered either shrimp, or lobster, then just picked at it.
GO FOR A CHEAP DINNER, THEN TO A DISCO WITH A GOOD SHOW, AND PAY FOR THE DRINKS.
that, WILL MAKE THEM ALL HAPPY!

ccccccccccccccccccccccccc

How true,

I brought my Number 1 honey there a couple of times,

The fam....Burger King or KFC............years ago.......

Smiles all around......

Now??

If I ever had to act like an idiot again.....

Dennys.....Johnny Rockets.....Krispy Cr?me???