Government to Pay Power Debt

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Santo Domingo.- Dominican Republic’s State-owned Electric Utility (CDEEE) said Tuesday that "starting Thursday," the power companies will start getting paid US$568.0 million, on the more than US$1.11 billion debt.

The announcement comes in the heels of several unexplained blackouts and a threat to shut down plants by the country’s power companies grouped in the ADIE.

In a press conference at the CDEEE, its CEO Ruben Jimenez said the payment would place the debt with the power companies at an "optimum level" and that the payment process would conclude before Dec. 17.

He said negotiations leading to the payment had been underway for nearly one month, and called ADIE’s warning of “difficulties” in the electricity service, "an unnecessary threat."

In an emailed statement, Jimenez said the "astronomical sum" of more than US$5.0 billion has been paid to the power companies since the start of his tenure on August 2012, adding that they’ve been paid US$1.5 billion since January.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...blic-power-companies-to-get-US5680M-on-threat

Jan 9, 2004
He said negotiations leading to the payment had been underway for nearly one month, and called ADIE?s warning of ?difficulties? in the electricity service, "an unnecessary threat."

I especially like this part.

After the power companies provide the electricity, they still need to "negotiate" to get paid....and the arrearages continue.

The most glaring consistent evidence why the DR is, was, and will continue to be a third world country.

In an emailed statement, Jimenez said the "astronomical sum" of more than US$5.0 billion has been paid to the power companies since the start of his tenure on August 2012, adding that they?ve been paid US$1.5 billion since January.

Let's see, you don't pay...and now the sum is "astronomical"...."Hello...McFly."

Yet the citizens "pay" the distributors, i.e., the government.....even when they don't get power..or they are shut off immediately.

Government corruption and incompetence at its finest.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I especially like this part.

After the power companies provide the electricity, they still need to "negotiate" to get paid....and the arrearages continue.

The most glaring consistent evidence why the DR is, was, and will continue to be a third world country.

Let's see, you don't pay...and now the sum is "astronomical"...."Hello...McFly."

Yet the citizens "pay" the distributors, i.e., the government.....even when they don't get power..or they are shut off immediately.

Government corruption and incompetence at its finest.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

now you see why Venezuela is trying to unload the Petrocaribe debt for whatever they can get.