Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jumbo building at POP roundabout

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I have a feeling the first time you go shopping there, and find all sorts of things you can't buy anywhere else, you'll be singing praises.

I can assure you parking probably won't be a problem either.

Jumbo must be doing something right; the one on Luperon frequently has a full parking lot, and it hold hundreds of cars.

They also have 62 check out counters.
    i hope you are right.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I have a feeling the first time you go shopping there, and find all sorts of things you can't buy anywhere else, you'll be singing praises.

I can assure you parking probably won't be a problem either.

Jumbo must be doing something right; the one on Luperon frequently has a full parking lot, and it hold hundreds of cars.

They also have 62 check out counters.
    Agreed - you know where we live, and we drive all the way to Jumbo Luperon about once a month for a big shopping trip. By the time you reach the checkout you need a nap from all the walking. Since my knee surgery, I'll be looking for one of those ride on thingys next time.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i've only been to jumbo in santiago and it is always emptyish and has nothing worth my attention. i hope they'd up their game for POP.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i've only been to jumbo in santiago and it is always emptyish and has nothing worth my attention. i hope they'd up their game for POP.
    absolutely right. i heard about all the good stuff they are supposed to have, and made the trip to Santiago to get some.

i didn't.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    absolutely right. i heard about all the good stuff they are supposed to have, and made the trip to Santiago to get some.

i didn't.
    The problem with JUMBO in Santiago is they are too far off from where the money is. Hence no business for imported/expensive stiff, equals less desirable merchandise. I was there yesterday and if you go to meat and veggie section you can smell and see the difference from currently popular stores in center of town. The row of non fresh veggies/fruit and the god awful smell on meat section alone made us never to shop there unless we don't want to stop by Nacional/Bravo for wines and minor stuff.

The only reason we go to Colina Mall is for the little Taiwanese spicy noodle soup that my wife and I enjoy. Only if there's a place that serve equally decent spicy noodle soup, we wouldn't venture into that part of the town.

Post Thanks / Like

it seems that the construction in POP may be a plaza comercial, not just jumbo:
    Centro Cuesta Nacional abrirá plaza comercial en Puerto Plata - Noticias POP

7. Likes ohmmmm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

jumbo is organizing feria de empleos in puerto plata today:
    http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/ve....aspx?Id=23978

no info regarding opening date but the building is going up at better speed now.

North Coast Moderator

9. Likes ohmmmm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

North Coast Moderator

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...not to mention Jumbo is poised to snag as customers...... many of the thousands who flock to puerto plata, every week from the cruise ships......maybe PICHARDO has some numbers on that.........

Post Thanks / Like

la sirena has plenty of customers. so does jose luis. they will have to make adjustments but a third competitor will still take a nice share.

North Coast Moderator

13. Likes jahjahwarrior liked this post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast