Jeep Killed Two in Main Street

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Las Terrenas
Early this morning two young men on a moped were killed by a Jeep whose driver was obviously hunting them down.

Rumour has it, that earlier the men had an unfriendly discussion during which the Jeep's windshield was smashed....

donP

Sources: private and FB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do people have no fcuking control over themselves? is dumb window worth 20 years in jail? i have no words. well, no words that would not show here as **** and ****.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
do people have no fcuking control over themselves? is dumb window worth 20 years in jail? i have no words. well, no words that would not show here as **** and ****.

I think these two words might help. MACHO MAN.
Its like some sort of disease that plagues two thirds of the island (the Dominican side)

My maid came to me today with a broken nose and black eye. Some drunk lady in our barrio was yelling at our maids kid so she stepped in and got a rock thrown in her face. So what does my maid do...She grabs a machete and chops the lady on the back of the neck! Yikes!!
She wanted some pepper spray bc now the neighbors are giving her a hard time! Craziness!!!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
This type of behavior isn't limited to the DR, I promise you. Several years back, in Nassau, on a street corner, waiting in line for food, I accidentally bumped a young fella. Words were exchanged, and he and his cronies waited until I got in my car, and attempted to follow me. I was in fear of my life, as they appeared to be hyped up on some sort of substance. I managed to shake them, but it taught me a lesson; in developing/third world countries, you never know what value is placed upon a human life, so you may want to reign in your macho reactions accordingly.
In San Pedro de Marcoris, a couple of years ago, I crowded some handicapped guy at a bar, who was clearly itching for a brawl. Fortunately, the ex, arrived and diffused the situation. As a gringo alone, I think my chances of coming out on top would have been nil.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This type of behavior isn't limited to the DR, I promise you. Several years back, in Nassau, on a street corner, waiting in line for food, I accidentally bumped a young fella. Words were exchanged, and he and his cronies waited until I got in my car, and attempted to follow me. I was in fear of my life, as they appeared to be hyped up on some sort of substance. I managed to shake them, but it taught me a lesson; in developing/third world countries, you never know what value is placed upon a human life, so you may want to reign in your macho reactions accordingly.
In San Pedro de Marcoris, a couple of years ago, I crowded some handicapped guy at a bar, who was clearly itching for a brawl. Fortunately, the ex, arrived and diffused the situation. As a gringo alone, I think my chances of coming out on top would have been nil.

the DR is small potatoes when it comes to the matter of explosive people. i once saw this German guy walk into a bar in Long Beach, shoving people around, and just being a real buttwipe. people were getting out of his way, and cowering. this Dominican guy told me that the guy's name was Deiter, and he was a real badass. even locals were scared of him.

well, i can assure you that he could not have pulled off that act in a place like Jamaica, Trinidad, or St Croix. well, he could have. for maybe an hour, or so.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
the DR is small potatoes when it comes to the matter of explosive people. i once saw this German guy walk into a bar in Long Beach, shoving people around, and just being a real buttwipe. people were getting out of his way, and cowering. this Dominican guy told me that the guy's name was Deiter, and he was a real badass. even locals were scared of him.

well, i can assure you that he could not have pulled off that act in a place like Jamaica, Trinidad, or St Croix. well, he could have. for maybe an hour, or so.

I agree. The DR is tame in comparison to other places.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
dfef78.jpg

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dismissed As Accident?

who says they were looking for two guys who were driving a jeep?

Don't blame the police as more stupid than they are!
They arrested two men who most likely were the ones in the Jeep.
Their names were reported in the article and they are not Haitians.

any two guys will suffice.

Nonsense, certainly not in this case.
There were a number of witnesses and the car was easily identified.

However, whether the driver of the Jeep will be sentenced to 30 years in jail (as many demand) is very doubtful. Usually eye witnesses do not want to come forward and other evidence will not be available at court...

Once again, a case that may be dismissed as an 'accident'.

Unless the families of the victims find some 'other way of punishment', proper justice may never be served.

donP