dominicans not welcomed in playa dorada

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
In a tourist area I can understand the position of the Ministry . Regrettably Dominican men can not mix with foreign tourists in a polite way and the spanish word molestar is perfect for their conduct . Maybe things have changed now in Europe but the first thing a Dominican does in a cinema is start chatting on the cell phone ,they shout for service at a bar and really need a massive lesson in social conduct . so I can see the problem that the Ministry has

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
I would be careful when some of you refer to "Dominicans", meaning all DR's behave in the same manner, which is not the case.

My 2 cents.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
the first thing a Dominican does in a cinema is start chatting on the cell phone ,they shout for service at a bar and really need a massive lesson in social conduct . so I can see the problem that the Ministry has

Would one option be to ban them from their cinemas and export them to your country so that you can enjoy tranquility, quiet and good social graces in their country?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
detras de rumor reports closure of disco 46 in playa dorada:
Ministerio de Turismo cerro la discoteca de club 46 de PLAYA DORADA

allegedly part of the reason was not to have "dominicanos molestosos" in playa dorada. this is not a way to revitalize playa dorada... the cinema, plaza, restaurants and clubs are meant for dominicans. they are here all year round after all.

they shut them down because of the rowdy behavior and fighting that goes on there.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In a tourist area I can understand the position of the Ministry . Regrettably Dominican men can not mix with foreign tourists in a polite way and the spanish word molestar is perfect for their conduct . Maybe things have changed now in Europe but the first thing a Dominican does in a cinema is start chatting on the cell phone ,they shout for service at a bar and really need a massive lesson in social conduct . so I can see the problem that the Ministry has

This is not a Dominican thing, it's cultural and common all over Latin American.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
I would be careful when some of you refer to "Dominicans", meaning all DR's behave in the same manner, which is not the case.

My 2 cents.

Ah, the magical Dominican comment. The theoretical existent Dominican that is used to negate all comments made on the culture. Well, it is impossible to disprove your statement, but I guess the well mannered, intelligent Dominicans never go out or interact with the gringos, so maybe just take the statement "Dominicans" to mean the Dominicans one has had experience with. Or just make this comment on every thread - that adds value and shows you are a great open-minded person.

nsgirl

Nov 4, 2008
Sad.... Not being able to use services in your own country.... I'm Canadian and can't imagine not being " allowed" to enter tourist areas here! And frankly I only ever see Dominicans using the theatre....

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
I hope someday some resorts (not all of them, of course) here will ban any Dominicans from entering there, except resort's staff.

Sometimes I go to Juan Dolio and see some letreros "For Rent (solo extranjeros)" on some apartments. I wish some resorts will do the same, "solo extranjeros".

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
This is not a Dominican thing, it's cultural and common all over Latin American.
In my opinion, 3 Dominicans make more noise than 10 Colombians, Panamanians, etc. It's very noticeable if you fly from Panama on Copa Airlines... if the flight is to Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, Colombia, it's always quiet.... if the flight is to/from DR, and many Dominicans are on board, it feels like you are in a zoo. The same (and worse) with Air France flights to/from DR. Everybody has their f@cking bachata playing from their smartphone.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I hope someday some resorts (not all of them, of course) here will ban any Dominicans from entering there, except resort's staff.

Sometimes I go to Juan Dolio and see some letreros "For Rent (solo extranjeros)" on some apartments. I wish some resorts will do the same, "solo extranjeros".

if you have problems with Dominicans in your proximity, then

GO HOME.

last i checked, it is still their country. if you don't like the people you found here, then get the heck out.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
if you have problems with Dominicans in your proximity, then

GO HOME.

last i checked, it is still their country. if you don't like the people you found here, then get the heck out.
First of all, I am at home. My home is here, not sure about yours. And you are not Dominican either, so shut the f@ck up, it's not YOUR country to say "go home" to anybody.

My point is that I am OK to live here, Dominicans are not the worst people in the world, of course... they are not bad, they are just too noisy. But when I want to go to the beach, and I imagine that I can't relax because of dominicanos molestosos in the resort, I just go and buy a ticket to all inclusive resort in Jamaica... it's more expensive, but there are almost no locals there in resorts, they just can't afford that. So I can enjoy the silence on the beach or in the restaurant.

If they had resorts solo para extranjeros here in DR, at least one or two, it could be the nice option. As well as clubs only for foreigners, etc.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
First of all, I am at home. My home is here, not sure about yours. And you are not Dominican either, so shut the f@ck up, it's not YOUR country to say anything like "go home" to anybody.

My point is that I am OK to live here, Dominicans are not the worst people in the world, of course... they are not bad, they are just too noisy. But when I want to go to the beach, and I imagine that I can't relax because of dominicanos molestosos in the resort, I just go and buy a ticket to all inclusive resort in Jamaica... it's more expensive, but there are almost no locals there in resorts, they just can't afford that. So I can enjoy the silence on the beach or in the restaurant.

If they had resorts solo para extranjeros here in DR, at least one or two, it could be the nice option. As well as clubs only for foreigners, etc.

people like you are the reason why some people despise foreigners, with just cause. you come to someone else's country, then want local people banned from certain places, because they impair your precious quietude.

by the way, this is not your home. you just live here. this is the home of Dominicans. they are staying. you get lost if they bother you. you are not that special that regulations regarding Dominican movements should be instituted to make you happy.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
you are not that special that regulations regarding Dominican movements should be instituted to make you happy.
As you can read in the first post in this thread, even people at Ministerio de Turismo understand things that you can't understand :) and it's not the first case in this country than they try to restrict entry of Dominicans to tourist areas, beaches, etc.

P.S. Waving the Dominican flag is not that bad thing for expat, but you are doing it with too much fervor. Relax :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
As you can read in the first post in this thread, even people at Ministerio de Turismo understand things that you can't understand :) and it's not the first case in this country than they try to restrict entry of Dominicans to tourist areas, beaches, etc.

P.S. Waving the Dominican flag is not that bad thing for expat, but you are doing it with too much fervor. Relax :)

actually, nobody is waving the flag of any nationality. it is just a matter of principle. you are not the first expat to notice the noise. we also see the vulgarity, the anarchy and chaos, the garbage, and the shortage of polite social graces. however, very few of us are presumptuous enough to believe that they should have their movements curtailed in order to please gringos. if you don't like what they do, then you have two options

1)change them. that is not going to be very feasible

2)leave them be.