Here is a interesting slide show on things Dominicans do that Americans find wierd

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The only thing I find weird in the slideshow, is the creator's vision of dominican people....... not very representative.......

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
the photos don't really look like any average DOM I see... and they all look so educated and refined... delicious and edible...

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe, except the megaphone talking. From what I've observed, its a Latino thing. Some of the other things didn't seem representative of Dominicans at all; take the dominoes thing, or the rolos

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
Celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day twice? yeah here in the states because of the the two countries

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
the only thing of it that i find weird is the fact that there are people who would find those behaviors weird.
americans, a weird species.

Mike

Agreed that's all normal behavior too me.Are we Dominicans are little louder when we do things? true! I celebrate father and Mother's Day twice because I live in the states so I celebrate both countries

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we celebrate it with american friends and we celebrate it here, and we also celebrate in with my Mom in germany.
heck, since when is it bad to grab a chance to be happy and celebrate something?, haha

Mike

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I saw a girl in rollers at JFK!

She arrived well. Then I saw her again later after clearing security. She was at one of those Hudson News stores and had "ancho?tas" made with cushioned rollers. She didn't have a care in the world.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I saw a girl in rollers at JFK!

She arrived well. Then I saw her again later after clearing security. She was at one of those Hudson News stores and had "ancho?tas" made with cushioned rollers. She didn't have a care in the world.

why should she care a thing about what others like?
in a world with id.iots walking the streets with their pants down as the new style, a Lady with the Tubi on is sure nothing of any bad to look on, haha

Mike

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
why should she care a thing about what others like?
in a world with id.iots walking the streets with their pants down as the new style, a Lady with the Tubi on is sure nothing of any bad to look on, haha

Mike

Because it's uncommon for Dominican women to wear anchoitas or rollers at the airport. For Dominican women there are certain places that we don't mind going around in those, but for other places, we'd usually care about looking pretty. That's why!

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks as everyone arrives here for the holidays. I''l get a chance to work on conversation comprehension as I'll hear every one of them from the surrounding condos.