Can maybe some one explain what 's the attraction of Sosua and surroundings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
I just don't get it, i live here a few years now and have always friends visiting, i have like 1-2 friends that come to the Dominican Republic like 3 times a year for like a month each time. Every time they come they spend their whole month in Sosua and i need to go visit them instead of theam coming to visit me . And the thing is i hear them talk sometimes about how they travelled like for example to Montellano or to Sabaneta like thats another part of the country. I try to to tell them that is just like 15 min from sosua it s the same province why don't you go explore the country? . then he comes up with some story that he met a girl from a Campo ( he says. But since when montellano is a campo?) and that she nver been to sosua and bla bla bla. All the time i am just thinking by myself are they really that narrow minded that they think Sosua is the best part of the Country.

If u ask me it is one of the ugliest parts of the country, almost every place the beaches are nicer the people are more friendly, so what is the attraction of Sosua. Because if u ask me and some of the Dominicans that i work with it is just a town where all the low lives come together and where all the thugs are etcc. there is never a good word about the town. i am confused why do so maybe gringos like that area there, is it because like some of my friends they don't know other parts of the island an don't know what this beautifull island got to offer?

I was just confused talking to a buddy right now and he told me he is planning of doing a trip to sabaneta while he is staying in sosua, he was telling me like it was a whole roadtrip like he was going to barahona or another continent. It just makes me laugh....

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
But there are whores and casa sittas and carwashes and ranchos everywhere???

Fact is there are woman everywhere , and what does the town got to offer? It s full with beggers and low lives and the beaches are not even that nice if u compare them with other places.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
They like Sosua for the chicas and the booze. They like Sabaneta because the chica they met lives there and told them he is so special he should come and visit along with his friend "peso"
Some will say that Sosua is a cultural and gastro experience second only to New York's , Metropolitan and The American Museum of Natural History. bottom line is ,"chicas"

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am with Mofongo.
Plus, when you live in a country, you have a totally different perspective, tourists visit and do things that a local never does. Baharona may be nice, but out of the confort zone for a non-Spanish speaking visitor.

Totally Off Topic sorry : gorgon check ur PM ! :nervous:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
For sure I doubt they are 'like' visiting 'like' you for conversation, if you 'like' talk 'like' you write 'like'. Not 'like' ittitating 'like' at all.............................

As far as beauty goes I prefer the North Coast, but yes, Sosua attracts all the crap, not only from the country, but the rest of the world also. It is entertaining for visiters because they are unlikely to come across such a high density of freaks anywhere else.

Once Dominican and haitian girls become uninteresting then there is little other reason than friends to be in Sosua, and most friends you make in Sosua you couldn't trust with money, so like anywhere else in DR, it's difficult to justify if you have no ties.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
They like Sosua for the chicas and the booze. They like Sabaneta because the chica they met lives there and told them he is so special he should come and visit along with his friend "peso"
Some will say that Sosua is a cultural and gastro experience second only to New York's , Metropolitan and The American Museum of Natural History. bottom line is ,"chicas"

Are those people who
Come visit 3 times a year for more than a month that stpuid than that they think a girl living 10 miles from the whore town is not a whore. Jeez.. Ok i get it if people come for 3 days and want to enjoy girls its a great big whore paradise but if you visited more than 10 times the same small village doesnt it get bored. I am just saying there are so many oarts on this islamd. And my point is sosua is one of the ugliest parts ... why do people still go there and act like its paradise, its a town full of desperate low live people, but yeah people where i live the word sosua is like swearing, its considered as a hhetto where every dominican thug goes to to make some extra money

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Are those people who
Come visit 3 times a year for more than a month that stpuid than that they think a girl living 10 miles from the whore town is not a whore. Jeez.. Ok i get it if people come for 3 days and want to enjoy girls its a great big whore paradise but if you visited more than 10 times the same small village doesnt it get bored. I am just saying there are so many oarts on this islamd. And my point is sosua is one of the ugliest parts ... why do people still go there and act like its paradise, its a town full of desperate low live people, but yeah people where i live the word sosua is like swearing, its considered as a hhetto where every dominican thug goes to to make some extra money

I understand your point MR Santos, If you are in Santiago and mention that you are going to Sosua for the weekend the Ladies get disgusted with you. The men smile and quietly ask if they can tag along.
lol..however you are going to offend a segment if you keep referring to Sosua as a "low life area"

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Are those people who

Be careful, there are people who read this board who will call you racist for saying the majority of girls working bars in Sosua are prostitutes of some description, now or in the past.

And yes I agree 100%, I never mention having lived in Sosua, in or out of the country, its reputation for low lifes is such that it does not go down well in decent company.

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012

Cultural experience, hahahha, its not the colonial zone or the pyramids hahahah, and besides that it is only 1 square mile total, full with moto conchos, beggers and bad restaurants. If you want good restaurant there are a few in santiago and santo domingo and punta cana where a dish is like 4-5 k. U cant tell me in sosua where a average restaurant is like 200-500 peso is a gastro experience.. If i hear you guys it is maybe a town for a low budget travaller or a desperate whore seeker

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
For sure I doubt they are 'like' visiting 'like' you for conversation, if you 'like' talk 'like' you write 'like'. Not 'like' ittitating 'like' at all.............................

As far as beauty goes I prefer the North Coast, but yes, Sosua attracts all the crap, not only from the country, but the rest of the world also. It is entertaining for visiters because they are unlikely to come across such a high density of freaks anywhere else.

Once Dominican and haitian girls become uninteresting then there is little other reason than friends to be in Sosua, and most friends you make in Sosua you couldn't trust with money, so like anywhere else in DR, it's difficult to justify if you have no ties.

I am sorry but for beauty you like the north coast?? I know beauty is an opinion and everybody got their own, but isn'r north coast the ugliest art of the whole country?

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
I understand your point MR Santos, If you are in Santiago and mention that you are going to Sosua for the weekend the Ladies get disgusted with you. The men smile and quietly ask if they can tag along.
lol..however you are going to offend a segment if you keep referring to Sosua as a "low life area"

Yes you are right, i was just trying to understand the reason why some people visit that place so much. Thank you for your reply. Cheers

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I am sorry but for beauty you like the north coast?? I know beauty is an opinion and everybody got their own, but isn'r north coast the ugliest art of the whole country?

Well, I did move into central Santo Domingo which may have a little to do with it. That and spending my best years in DR on the NC which will obviously contribute.
When i say pretty, i mean surroundings, not downtown.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Gringos come to Sosua for many reasons. I live here because of the ease with which I can communicate with most folks. Lots of English speaking tourists, businesses, banks, restaurant menus in English etc.. Sosua is a dream for the unilingual gringo. Even the chicas speak my language, if I ever have occasion to speak to one that is...

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
People are either there for the whores or bc of the expat community. Some really great people to hang with in sosua! It took me a while to love that town!

I guess harley rock u didn't explore other parts of the country, a lot of great foreigners everywhere, get out and explore my opinion,

DRsantos

Sep 17, 2012
Gringos come to Sosua for many reasons. I live here because of the ease with which I can communicate with most folks. Lots of English speaking tourists, businesses, banks, restaurant menus in English etc.. Sosua is a dream for the unilingual gringo. Even the chicas speak my language, if I ever have occasion to speak to one that is...

All partsbof the islamd if u meet a woman that can practice her english with you you are good.... I guess if u live in a countey u got to leqrn their language, when i was young i grew up in like 5 different places because of my fathers work , evey country i lived i lives i learned their language. But i get the idea why people like to attach to sosua so much bit i bet u if they travel to another part of the country they will never ever go back to sosua area again

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I guess harley rock u didn't explore other parts of the country, a lot of great foreigners everywhere, get out and explore my opinion,

Why isn't it OK for someone to have an opinion other than your own?
Who are you to dictate if someone likes a particular town or another lifestyle.
Are you the minister of everything ANTI Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.