puerto plata > cabarete > las terrenas/samana

snowboardpunk

Dec 28, 2014
I plan on flying into POP in january and wanted to tour all three cities of Puerto Plata, cabarete, and las terranes/samana. I initially decided on samana, but hear that las terranas is better.

As soon as I fly into puerto plata, I was going to take a taxi or maybe a gua gua to cabarete (would love to here where to catch the gua gua) spend a couple days in cabarete and then head to samana on the transportes Papagayo. I hear that it should arrive at janets in cabaret around 715 but will head there earlier to make sure I don't miss it. And then I can take the same bus back to puerto plata and finish my trip off there. Will that bus also stop in las terranas?

So does anyone have any recommendations on my trip or any tips? this is my first time in DR and would love any and all recommendations.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I plan on flying into POP in january and wanted to tour all three cities of Puerto Plata, cabarete, and las terranes/samana. I initially decided on samana, but hear that las terranas is better.

As soon as I fly into puerto plata, I was going to take a taxi or maybe a gua gua to cabarete (would love to here where to catch the gua gua) spend a couple days in cabarete and then head to samana on the transportes Papagayo. I hear that it should arrive at janets in cabaret around 715 but will head there earlier to make sure I don't miss it. And then I can take the same bus back to puerto plata and finish my trip off there. Will that bus also stop in las terranas?

So does anyone have any recommendations on my trip or any tips? this is my first time in DR and would love any and all recommendations.

You are wasting your time going to Samana City. Not much there but some tourist trap gift shops and very few beaches There is a bus called Transport Las Terrenas which you can take directly to LT. Ask someone in Cabarate where you can pick it up. It comes out of Puerta Plata. I would take a side trip/tour from LT to either go zip lining or Limon Falls. You can book these in LT. Have fun.