Pedro Martinez: Elected to the Hall of Fame

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Saw him pitch a whole bunch of times at Fenway, and met him a couple of times.......

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 9, 2004
Saw him pitch a whole bunch of times at Fenway, and met him a couple of times.......

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just can't describe the passion and emotional feeling at Fenway when Pedro pitched against the Yankees. Truly Electric.

Congrats to one of the best to ever take the mound.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez

It was announced today... Pedro Martinez is an inductee in the Baseball Hall of Fame !

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I'm finally going to Cooperstown. Rain or shine. Submitting PTO request today. Can't miss Pedro's speech in person. A good time will be had by all.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
He's not going to be inducted wearing a NY Mets cap, that's for sure. Not exactly his best years.

Is he still rolling around the DR in his canary-yellow Lamborghini, or did he purchase a vehicle more suited to typical Dominican roads, like an army-issue tank?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR has send a lot of great baseball players to the "BIGS", in the case of "Pedro" they also sent a Great Man!!!!!!
And "Big Papi" too!!!!!!
It is not a coincidence that they both were "Media Rojas"!!!!!!!

"Wait'll NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I guess I mean ,...."This Year"!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I cringed when I heard him an interview today. Despite his years in the states and his tremendous wealth he has failed to improve as a person. His English was absolutely awful and he showed no humility. Unlike the humble Smoltz and Biggio who spoke of the honor of being nominated, Pedro only talked about himself and how much he deserved it for being "courageous" and doing things the "right way". It seemed like he had never left Managuayabo.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
The DR has send a lot of great baseball players to the "BIGS", in the case of "Pedro" they also sent a Great Man!!!!!!
And "Big Papi" too!!!!!!

I guess I mean ,...."This Year"!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I almost could swear you were a Yankees Fan :D

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I cringed when I heard him an interview today. Despite his years in the states and his tremendous wealth he has failed to improve as a person. His English was absolutely awful and he showed no humility. Unlike the humble Smoltz and Biggio who spoke of the honor of being nominated, Pedro only talked about himself and how much he deserved it for being "courageous" and doing things the "right way". It seemed like he had never left Managuayabo.

When you're 219-100 with a lifetime WHIP of 1.054, you don't need to be humble. And his English is not horrible; it's heavily accented, but for an athlete, he's pretty articulate. He did do it himself, against some pretty heavy odds (he's not that big, etc.) and he did do it the right way and he was/is extremely courageous. And let us not forget his post-baseball work, right here in the DR: https://www.facebook.com/fundacionpedromartinezyhnos

Disagree with me on anything else and I'll bend over and take it. But not Pedro. Oh no. Not Pedro.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Pedro's English is awesome! And he's the greatest DOMINICAN ballplayer of all time. And a good person tambi?n.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
And "Big Papi" too!!!!!!

I guess I mean ,...."This Year!

A lot can happen after the All Star Break. I am sorry that the Aruban Prince didn't get sent, but I'm watching it now,and is BrockHolt like perfect? Almost like Redford in "The Natural?"