Good Holidays for LT

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
We read in local press that the business and hospitality community has seen an increase in visitors during the holiday period in Las Terrenas.

This was my first Christmas/New Year staying in Las Terrenas and my impression was a good inflow of tourists from abroad and DR.

It was also apparent that there were a large number of US nationals visiting along with Canadians rather than just French.

Samana peninsula is a gem in this country and more North Americans can only push quality tourism ahead here as it does in the East.

But hopefully we avoid the 'all inclusives' and instead focus on small boutique quality hotels.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Even saw a group of gringo and gringa Harley riders visiting last Sunday looking for the beach ...........presumably from somewhere along North Coast (no helmets so doubt capital)

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Where would you stay for a couple of days to go see the whales ? In Samana or Las Terrenas ? I would like a quiet and not expensive hotel. Nothing fancy but safe.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Where would you stay for a couple of days to go see the whales ? In Samana or Las Terrenas ? I would like a quiet and not expensive hotel. Nothing fancy but safe.

I would stay in LT and book a whale watching tour with Kim Beddall. You can find info on line. There are tours out of LT that will bring you to Samana City for the tour. The boat you go out on is a relatively decent size vs some tours run where you are in a wooden skiff and if you get sea sick you will definitely not be happy with these small boats. As far as the cost of a hotel room remember this is the heart of high season and prices are relative. There are a wide variety of prices. Look it up on line. There are many reviews.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
THAT, "HARLEY GROUP" are not "Gringos", but "RICOS" and, indeed from SD!
They are just White, Rich, Dominicans, who "look" like "Gringos"!
WHO KNEW?????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 6, 2006
THAT, "HARLEY GROUP" are not "Gringos", but "RICOS" and, indeed from SD!
They are just White, Rich, Dominicans, who "look" like "Gringos"!
WHO KNEW?????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I saw these guys in Juan Dolio in July of 2013. Very impressive bikes., especially when mostly one sees Chinese 125 cc one lungers.

One of the bikes was decked out in stars, stripes and a screaming eagle, which might make someone think it was a bunch of gringos.