By when do we need to buy the Revista for our car?

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Every year we buy the matricula before December 30th, and then we need to buy a Revista. Usually there is a guy in front of Janet selling them, but nothing yeT....Do we still need them and by when?

deepdiver

Jun 18, 2011
they don`t seem to be bothering this year it surprises me how many ex pats buy them at highly raised prices when you can get them for around 50 pesos legally and they only walk round the vehicle and look at lights ,horn,indicators

Last edited:

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
they don`t seem to be bothering this year it surprises me how many ex pats buy them at highly raised prices when you can get them for around 50 pesos legally and they only walk round the vehicle and look at lights ,horn,indicators

If you add in the time and fuel to drive to Pop and back, it is pretty much the same DD

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
though a lot of people don't quite do it right.
From what i understand you need not only the sticker that you buy outside of Janet's for 500pesos, but also the receipt from Banreservas.
But the critical part, as far as I'm aware, is making sure that they come from the same month.
can anyone confirm this?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
revista is a yearly checkup of a car. formality, really. it costs 45 pesos and is issued yearly. one pays 45 pesos in banreservas, then takes a car to an oficina de transporte and has it looked at. so far there is no info on this year's revista. as soon as new revista schedule is announced there will be a thread on dr1 and a note in dr1 news, no doubt.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
From what i understand you need not only the sticker that you buy outside of Janet's for 500pesos, but also the receipt from Banreservas.
But the critical part, as far as I'm aware, is making sure that they come from the same month.
can anyone confirm this?

As long as the sticker is good you are OK. They never ask anyone for the receipt.

can anyone confirm this?

I have heard this as well, not sure if it is really true but I will go to Ban Res and get the receipt for the same month. Easy to do that. :)

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
LOL.....I have driven over 200k miles in this country and have been pulled over everywhere....except Puta Cana, and nowhere has anyone asked for a receipt for the matricula or revista.....sorry I am just laughing at some of the crap some people put on this board.....LOL.....LOL again.....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well last year, I went to Bank Reservas, paid for the Revista and the following took my vehicle, insurance, proof of revista purchase and they did a quick inspection and applied the sticker. I expect more or less the same this yer, whenever it happens.