Selling of a gun

Apr 10, 2014
I have let my gun license expire and I do not have any intentions on renewing it. The question I have is can I sell my gun to a dealer with my expired license. It is a Smith and Wesson stainless steel automatic 9mm.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
my understanding is that you have to first pay to bring the license up to date. The government will come and take your gun if you go too long without paying the yearly license fee. We were threatened with confiscation after our permit went unpaid for a couple of years. We are now up to date. A dealer will not give you anything close to real value. That is a nice piece and valuable. If you calculate the guns value at sale vs the permit fee you will choose the latter.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you need the papers renewed up to date, otherwise the gun can not be transfered to a new owner, that includes gun dealers. as stated above, a dealer would be the last place to sell a gun, you get very much less than if sold privately. but ytou need your papers up to date first.

Mike

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
Let me know if you decide to sell..definitely private is better than a dealer. May have an interested party..