Transfer from SDQ to las Galeras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jastraets

Jan 9, 2015
Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I will be arriving SDQ at 2:30pm on 1/12/2015. I need transportation to las Galeras, at a reasonable price. From what I understand, I have the following options:

1. Private Taxi pick up from airport $180, will take approximately 2 hours. I thought that this was rather expensive.

2. Caribe Bus to Samana, bus or Guagua to Las Galleras $10-12, approximately 3 1/2 hours. Have to take taxi to bus depot $30. We will be leaving on the last bus, 4:30pm, and most likely arriving to Samana after dark. I read that the guaguas are difficult to get after dark, and may have to take taxi to Las Galleras, witch would be very expensive.

3. Guagua directly to Las Galleras for a fair price, however they may make several stops along the way, because the direct guaguas latest scheduled trip is 2:00pm, and we don't want to arrive too late.

Im hoping that you may be able to help me. We would prefer not to stay the night in Santo Doming. What would you suggest to us? Also, do you know somebody that could drive us for a much better price? Would appreciate any help that you can give me.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I will be arriving SDQ at 2:30pm on 1/12/2015. I need transportation to las Galeras, at a reasonable price. From what I understand, I have the following options:

1. Private Taxi pick up from airport $180, will take approximately 2 hours. I thought that this was rather expensive.

2. Caribe Bus to Samana, bus or Guagua to Las Galleras $10-12, approximately 3 1/2 hours. Have to take taxi to bus depot $30. We will be leaving on the last bus, 4:30pm, and most likely arriving to Samana after dark. I read that the guaguas are difficult to get after dark, and may have to take taxi to Las Galleras, witch would be very expensive.

3. Guagua directly to Las Galleras for a fair price, however they may make several stops along the way, because the direct guaguas latest scheduled trip is 2:00pm, and we don't want to arrive too late.

Im hoping that you may be able to help me. We would prefer not to stay the night in Santo Doming. What would you suggest to us? Also, do you know somebody that could drive us for a much better price? Would appreciate any help that you can give me.

You are better off to bite the bullet and hire a taxi to take you to Las Galeras. $180 is the going rate. You have to remember that the driver has to drop you off and then go back to Santo Domingo. You also have tolls involved and gas at $5usd per gallon, plus wear and tear on the vehicle and the drivers salary. I would say it is closer to 3hrs to Las Galeras. You are at the very end of the Samana Peninsula. If you can get the Caribe bus to Samana City a taxi from there obviously would be a lot cheaper. The other thing to consider is if your plane arrives on time it will probably be an hour before you actually get out of the airport. Good luck.

I just noticed the date on this post, my bad.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Just stay in the capitol for the night. You'll save yourself aggravation and money. As Steve suggested,you can get an early Caribe Tours bus to Samana in the morning and then take either a gua gua or taxi to Las Galaras from there. Traveling from SDQ to Las Galaras after you clear the airport at that time of the day is not a good idea. Tranquillo. Don't complicate your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.