Hello, Retired Military here

steelsavior

Jan 10, 2015
Hey all,
I'm new to dr1, however, i'm not new to the DR. Been many times, but i've only just found this site. Very cool information. One could spend hours on here learning new things.
I'm part of another site, but that site is mainly about banging girls and this and that. I mean i like to do that, but i prefer a mature older gal who doesn't work the streets.
Well anyway, i'll be coming out there soon. 22 Jan - 3 Feb, flying into Santiago, but my buddy that is with me wants to go to Sosua. SO i'll take him there for a few, but really would like to come back to Santiago and go to some night clubs and meet some regular women, hard working women, not working girls like in Sosua.
I'll use the search function to find good spots in Santiago to find older mature women. :nervous: I know pretty good spanish, i mean i'd say i was about 85 percent. Like i can watch a movie in spanish and understand the whole thing. However, i do understand it more than i speak it. Been all over the world in my travels so i know the basic rules of traveling and staying safe. Well look forward to learning more. ANd if anyone in Santiago want to hook up and show a dude around during that time, please send me a message and we'll set something up.
Steel

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
forget santi buy a bar open a place have fun make $ live it up get a female manager(wifey) and see whats what...you can pm me for any quest /places /lowdown....santi is a daytime town,,,shopping city nitelife is flat-----------------

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I wasn't asking for help picking up or dating. I was asking for help finding places to go.

Stick around and don't let the old crabs nibble at your toes. Thanks for your service during perilous times, you've earned the right to enjoy a good life. If you prefer a place with active night life that isn't sucker related you would probably like Santo Domingo a lot. It's about the size of Philly and has all the good and bad that you'll find in any megalopolis, anywhere. Just a suggestion. Enjoy your stay.

Jan 7, 2016
If you're planning on living here on your Military Retirement Benefit, you probably can do it successfully if your retired paygrade is higher than E-6 and you watch your budgeting, don't get involved with Chica thing, unless you want to over-spend. Enjoy your time here and enjoy. Retired 0-4 here and that gives me an excellent life style in the D.R.!

Aug 6, 2006
I think that you could do very well asking any ca driver for the sort of information you seek. Or perhaps the drivers of the carriage taxis that have a spot in the park in front of the Hotel San Juan.
This information might be dated, but I doubt it.