Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1037

Thread: Perla Sosua: Where is Brent?

  1. #21
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bronzeallspice View Post
    To the OP, since you are a friend of the missing person you need to alert the embassy and the
    police that he was last seen with that woman as she would be a prime suspect. He was last
    seen with her and she needs to be interrogated.

    Sorry to hear this bad news about your friend and I hope and pray that he can be found.

    The original poster did say that the police and the embassy was notified.

  2. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
  3. #22
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Listen guys, I like a laugh as much as the next person but I don't think this is a laughing matter and sooner or later his family may be reading this thread!
    Although I am no longer living in DR I would hope there are enough expats on the North Coast to push a police investigation beyond that reported by brentjustice. It is not uncommon for gringos to disappear only to show up later with a dubious story to tell. I have done business with Lewis in the past, never met him in person. On its face it doesn't seem likely that a man with several ongoing concerns would fall into a "cabana hiatus".

    Please push the police a little.

  4. #23
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Listen guys, I like a laugh as much as the next person but I don't think this is a laughing matter and sooner or later his family may be reading this thread!
    All we know is a fully grown man has not been seen for a while. This is not so unusual in reality is it.
    On the other hand there is more than meets the eye. The OP writes very convincingly, 'never been seen alive again', this other guy seen driving his van, are we sure, who said they saw this, or did they see him in a white van and concluded? These two made him vanish? How does the OP know all this?
    I'd be very surprised if someone was stupid enough to leave work with someone who was known to have issues with her boyfriend, meet up with boyfriend, and then kill him. She returns to work a while later, and then he is seen in the van of a guy he just killed, the same van that he is known to have slashed the tyres of recently after issues with the guy he is being assumed of murdering (or making vanish).

    Come on FGS, somethings more than not quite right about all this, in more ways than one.

  5. Likes amigoted liked this post
  6. #24
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    Although I am no longer living in DR I would hope there are enough expats on the North Coast to push a police investigation beyond that reported by brentjustice. It is not uncommon for gringos to disappear only to show up later with a dubious story to tell. I have done business with Lewis in the past, never met him in person. On its face it doesn't seem likely that a man with several ongoing concerns would fall into a "cabana hiatus".

    Please push the police a little.
    I get what you're saying but unless he or someone connected with him has political connections. There is no way unless "Propina" is given to nudge the police. You should know that if you lived in the DR for any amount of time....Sad but true. Only hope is that his friends/family make contact with the embassy. But the original poster said they were already made aware if his situation. Only option at this point is to hurry up and wait. I for one hope it turns out with a positive outcome.

  7. Likes Black Dog, Big Dan liked this post
  8. #25
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18,096
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    brentjustice, I cannot send you a Private Message because you have too few posts.

    Because of the accusations being made in your original post, DR1 requires that you identify yourself with your full name, address and phone number - here in a public post.

    If this is not done within a reasonable amount of time today, this thread will be unapproved/invisible.




    Super Moderator
    DR1.com

  9. #26
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hug, come on. Everyone knows that Dominican common sense dictates that when the rich gringo isn't around then employees, novias and their chulos are free to use the rich gringo's stuff... out of sight, out of mind. That's capitalism at work, at least on some island nations!

    The employee obviously knows the gringo isn't around. Who in the world would tell a "rich" gringo that someone else was driving his vehicle? That doesn't make Dominican sense. If it's a case of a gringo gone away for a while and the employee sharing her "wealth" with her boyfriend than time will flesh that out.

    Dominican common sense is based upon sheer ignorance of paper trails, eyewitness accounts, and repeating "it wasn't me" over, and over, and over again regardless of contrary evidence presented. How many girls living in DR would you suppose even know that real estate transactions have a paper trail, or even care about that?

  10. Likes donP liked this post
  11. #27
    Silver
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is not the way that the OP is trying to sell this thread, it is aggressively pointed towards something very much more serious than someone gone out of the country. If this guy has just gone out of the country then that would be fine, someone just using his stuff.
    We do not know this info comes from a Dom, infact more so likely an ex pat as no one in their right mind takes the words of heresay seriously from and Dom. Plenty expats in that area, no guy would be driving around expecting not to be seen. It's ridiculous, even for fairyland Dominiland stuff we hear.

    The OP seems to have made up 'her' mind (it comes across as a female to me for some reason) that these two are involved in something nasty. And so why not at the police station with this information rather than on DR1 speculating anonymously?

  12. #28
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hug, you are right, there is a lot we don't know. I hope the OP identifying himself (or herself) to the moderator will be enough to keep the thread alive. Perhaps the OP has details we haven't been made aware of...after all, the boyfriend of the employee is a gringo and can read these posts... why would the OP risk retribution?

    The truth will come out eventually. I'm leaning towards Mr. Lewis being off island. Knowing the way Lewis does business room bookings will dwindle if he is truly missing.

  13. Likes HUG liked this post
  14. #29
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow! This is a bit of a shocker to wake up and hear about this morning. I know Geraldine. She has been a friend of mine for
    about 2 years now. I haven't spoken to her as much since moving down here to Santo Domingo in July. I am going to email
    her the link to this forum as soon as I am done posting and perhaps she will take the time to respond to some of these
    comments. I'm pretty sure she's a member on DR1. I have met Brent once about a year ago. Just seemed like a regular
    guy trying to eek out a living in Sosua.

    I've never met the Frankie fellow although I do remember hearing the name while living in Sosua.
    When I heard the name Fixit, I assumed he was doing some type of computer repair or maybe a specialty service.
    I know Geraldine was dating an American guy earlier this year but I don't remember his name being Frankie.
    Geraldine has never given me any reason to think she would be involved with anyone who is out doing shady things
    or involved in criminal activity. She is a vey hard working
    person with a good education. Her mother is a highly respected director of a well known institution on the north coast.
    She is from a well to do family and has no reason to be involved with shady dealings on any level.

    I understand people are worried and upset with the fact Brent hasn't been seen or heard from since Nov3. I hope
    he is ok and is able to shed some light on all of this. I am not standing up for Geraldine on this forum. All I am saying is, for
    as long as I have known her she has been a very straight forward hard working person who has never done or said anything
    to me or anyone I know to make me think she would have a hand in someone else's disappearance.

  15. Likes HUG, amigoted liked this post
  16. #30
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Wow! This is a bit of a shocker to wake up and hear about this morning. I know Geraldine. She has been a friend of mine for
    about 2 years now. I haven't spoken to her as much since moving down here to Santo Domingo in July. I am going to email
    her the link to this forum as soon as I am done posting and perhaps she will take the time to respond to some of these
    comments. I'm pretty sure she's a member on DR1. I have met Brent once about a year ago. Just seemed like a regular
    guy trying to eek out a living in Sosua.

    I've never met the Frankie fellow although I do remember hearing the name while living in Sosua.
    When I heard the name Fixit, I assumed he was doing some type of computer repair or maybe a specialty service.
    I know Geraldine was dating an American guy earlier this year but I don't remember his name being Frankie.
    Geraldine has never given me any reason to think she would be involved with anyone who is out doing shady things
    or involved in criminal activity. She is a vey hard working
    person with a good education. Her mother is a highly respected director of a well known institution on the north coast.
    She is from a well to do family and has no reason to be involved with shady dealings on any level.

    I understand people are worried and upset with the fact Brent hasn't been seen or heard from since Nov3. I hope
    he is ok and is able to shed some light on all of this. I am not standing up for Geraldine on this forum. All I am saying is, for
    as long as I have known her she has been a very straight forward hard working person who has never done or said anything
    to me or anyone I know to make me think she would have a hand in someone else's disappearance.
    well to do and shady dealings are not mutually exclusive. just ask Bernie Madoff.

  17. Likes barker1964, Berzin liked this post
Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •