None AI Hotels in Punta Cana

DominicanSol

Mar 20, 2010
Will be visiting Punta Cana area for 7 - 10 days and looking for recommendations for Non AI Hotels in the $40-$60 range.

Near the Beach
Pool
Near nightlife (traveling solo)
Able to walk to most places

I am considering MT Hotel, Hotel Cortecito ????

Thanks for your help !

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I'm plan to go as well, and am also considering MT. The reviews I read about el corecito were not too positive

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
There is the Merengue hotel (opposite Posada Gladys, near Plaza Turquesa) and also Green Coast Hotel opposite the entrance to where Pulp Cojo used to be. Not sure what their prices are today but they were around $96 $45 per night respectively. And then of course you have the hostel near the Whala hotel.

1greasy

Jun 21, 2012
NH hotel next to Secrets Royal Beach and Now Larimar. Non AI with free internet and good rates. Beach and pool access to the two other hotels I just mentioned is included in the price. In El Cortecito, between Melia and the Plaza Turquesa.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
MT Hotel is near Friusa, has a pool, is not walking distance from the beach, and basic rooms are $50.
Hotel Green Coast is in Cortecito, does not have a pool, is walking distance from the beach, and basic rooms are $55.
The two hotels near Cool in Friusa have pools, but are nowhere near the beach.
Hotel Flamboyan is not near the beach and I don't believe they have a pool (your typical hooker hotel).
Cortecito Inn is walking distance from the beach, don't know if it has a pool, don't know the rates.

If you want a beach *and* a pool, NH might be your best choice.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
You could look at condo rentals as well. Cheaper than hotels and most are in complexes with pools. Find one in Cortecito or Los Corales and you'll have all your criteria.