Sinatras in Sosua....OMG

morganstern

Jun 4, 2014
I said I would never go again...but I did last night. The very worst service in the world. What was worse than the service was the food (that is according to my friends) I left after my food was payed for but before it was delivered. I told the owner that he should stop singing and start helping in the kitchen. He replied that everyone waits at Sinatras. The music is good...really good. And really Dominican loud. This place has a motto. XXXX the customer.

Jim Filerman
Email: cr_update@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Food and service was always good for me. Can be loud for kareoke. I hate kareoke...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
you can only bad mouth a place once...dont go back...
stick to your guns deny the guy your.trade$..

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
For many years we have gone to Bailey's and have never had to wait for our food. Unlike many other places, the quality is consistent. Not fabulous but good.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Sometimes you have to wave to get someone's attention at Baileys but once you do that they have always hurried to the table for me. And as noted the quality of the food has seemed to remain consistent.

I have tried Sinatras three times and each time the service has been very slow. The first time I thought maybe it was just because it was so packed for the 2x1 night and they weren't expecting such a crowd. So I tried again on a night where there weren't many people and it was still very slow. We actually ended up leaving before our order was ready. I decided not to go back after that but after several months someone said things were better. They were wrong. So that was the last time I will try.

Its really a shame because if they even had slightly below average service they could be the best place in town. They have good food. The atmosphere is good. The prices are very reasonable considering the quality of the food and the atmosphere. I'm not a fan of the music choices but many people are. And the place is already packed on some nights with loyal followers that don't seem to be bothered by how slow it is. So if they sped things up just a little bit they might be packed all the time and have even more loyal customers.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Sometimes you have to wave to get someone's attention at Baileys but once you do that they have always hurried to the table for me. And as noted the quality of the food has seemed to remain consistent.

I have tried Sinatras three times and each time the service has been very slow. The first time I thought maybe it was just because it was so packed for the 2x1 night and they weren't expecting such a crowd. So I tried again on a night where there weren't many people and it was still very slow. We actually ended up leaving before our order was ready. I decided not to go back after that but after several months someone said things were better. They were wrong. So that was the last time I will try.

Its really a shame because if they even had slightly below average service they could be the best place in town. They have good food. The atmosphere is good. The prices are very reasonable considering the quality of the food and the atmosphere. I'm not a fan of the music choices but many people are. And the place is already packed on some nights with loyal followers that don't seem to be bothered by how slow it is. So if they sped things up just a little bit they might be packed all the time and have even more loyal customers.

I don't live in the NC so have never been there but if its Dominican owned or managed, do NOT expect this obvious problem being solved anytime soon. In general good service is not the Dominican way, they don't care and somehow do not see the connection it has to being a sustainable or successful business. If its not Dominican than shame on them, they have no excuse!!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't live in the NC so have never been there but if its Dominican owned or managed, do NOT expect this obvious problem being solved anytime soon. In general good service is not the Dominican way, they don't care and somehow do not see the connection it has to being a sustainable or successful business. If its not Dominican than shame on them, they have no excuse!!!

i am not sure they all don't care, but in most cases they do not. i think they don't understand. if you go to an eatery or a bar in a first world country, someone usually monitors your stay, checking periodically to see if you need some more ice, an ashtray, another drink, or some snack item. Dominican waitresses serve you whatever you ask for, and wait till you call them for a replenisher. it is just apathy, plain and simple.

go to any restaurant in the USA , and ask the waitress or waiter to explain a dish with whose name you are not familiar. she will be able to tell you what the basic ingredients are, and how it is prepared. that way, you will have an idea as to whether or not you might like it, or it might not like you. ask a Dominican waitress the same question, and the response will be 'no se".

maybe if we got paid what they do, we would not care two hoots, either,

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
One of the best, if not the best restaurant on the north coast is Bliss in Cabarete. The service is top notch as is the food. All employees (except the owner and chef I think) are Dominicans. Once you go there every other place is just o.k

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
One of the best, if not the best restaurant on the north coast is Bliss in Cabarete. The service is top notch as is the food. All employees (except the owner and chef I think) are Dominicans. Once you go there every other place is just o.k

Jose O shays isn't too bad. Fact is, their service is outstanding, staff very friendly and professional, and their food quite acceptable. With all of the Molly Malone stuff hanging around, it would be easy to forget you're in the DR if not for the vendors on the beach.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Higher end....expensive. Comparing Sinatra's and Bliss is unfair. imo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Everyone has their own definition of "SLOW"!!!!!!
Most Americans want their food within about 5 minutes, gulp it down and are gone within 30 to 40 minutes.
To us it's just about eating.
Europeans, and many other cultures go out to dinner as a social activity, and to eat.
Dominicans are sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow about most things in life.
If you want FAST here, don't go out to eat!
If you want to eat, and socialize for 2 hours, or MORE, go out!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Everyone has their own definition of "SLOW"!!!!!!
Most Americans want their food within about 5 minutes, gulp it down and are gone within 30 to 40 minutes.
To us it's just about eating.
Europeans, and many other cultures go out to dinner as a social activity, and to eat.
Dominicans are sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow about most things in life.
If you want FAST here, don't go out to eat!
If you want to eat, and socialize for 2 hours, or MORE, go out!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

100% on the money! this is the caribbean. what the heck is so pressing that someone cannot just have a cocktail, shoot the breeze, and wait for the food? leave home an hour early, so by the time you get the food you will be hungry.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
i was in baileys on wed night, it was fine. food nice, came out faster than i expected, no complaints from me. If i need something i can call someone, personally i dont like it when i get pestered every ten minutes from the waiting staff.......leave me alone to eat please......