Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marley64

Jan 25, 2015
Just joined site. Went on vacation to the DR last week and looking into moving there. So I'm hoping to gather info

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Welcome to dr1!
Why are you moving to DR, retirement or you fell in love with an animation executive?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Welcome to dr1 Marley, hope you get all the info you require to help with your future move........

Marley64

Jan 25, 2015
no, not retired and will need a job there, but haved lived in NE Ohio my whole life. All the kids are grown and out on their own. Waking up to the sun every day was very nice, it was 9 degrees when we landed back here...I have read a bit about crime there but my car had the catalytic converter sawed off my car HERE as a welcome home present-it was parked right in front of an airport hotel..

donP

Dec 14, 2008
He liked the country.

... my car had the catalytic converter sawed off my car HERE ...

Same here.
They do it all the time.
Actually just to throw out the thing, not needed here... :bunny:

Re: Work
What can you do?
How is your Spanish?

donP

Marley64

Jan 25, 2015
I am an RN, have done labor and delivery my whole career (18 yrs) until I started with hospice a few years ago. But even clinic or doc office works for me.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You do realize an RN gets minimal job respect or much salary in DR?
I suggest you reach out to user Shalena on here who is an OBGYN delivery nurse in USA and involved with charity here.

Marley64

Jan 25, 2015
By
I have had a hard time getting the $ on my profession down there. Any reliable sources for that info?

You do realize an RN gets minimal job respect or much salary in DR?
I suggest you reach out to user Shalena on here who is an OBGYN delivery nurse in USA and involved with charity here.

I'm not sure how to look her up but I will keep trying...and unfortunately minimal respect is quite common.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
DR Experience

I have had a hard time getting the $ on my profession down there. Any reliable sources for that info?

I do not understand.
Did you work 'down here' (in the DR)?
Are YOU not the reliable source then? :confused:

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.