Ship a phone to U.S. address

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Hi guys,

I searched the forum but I did not find so:

I just receive a new phone bought by Ebay, EPS-INT shipment from Miami to Santiago 241 pesos.
Very good.

Now I realize I bought something wrong that I can not use here (yes yes... I was... when I bought).

It's a Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII mini G730v CDMA phone, not a GSM one, so it doesn't work in D.R.

I was thinking of selling it as new with a little discount by ebay, explaining I bought something wrong
and I think I can sell fast and than buy the correct GSM One for me.

The problem is: how can I ship to a U.S. address (to the buyer) without spending a fortune??

I mean, the price I bought was 140 USD. I can sel it say for 125 USD, I have to give ebay I think something like 10 USD... I checked UPS and Fedex, the shipment price is about 36 USD?!?!?
just 79? dollars remaining??

Do you know a better way?

Are there Custom Taxes or something like that for this little price?!? (and wow... this is coming from U.S. I'm not actually exporting nothing :( ) Why the price is so high???

Thanks for any help, bye

Jazz21.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
i think viva and tricom still use cdma in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The least expensive shipping option is INPOSDOM, the normal mail system here. It actually works for sending items out of the country.

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Thank you for your replies,

Can't use in R.D. this phone is locked to Verizon CDMA Network
(actually did not understand.... maybe if it was initialized with a Verizon Sim Card inside it could use gsm network abroad).

I searched the web for a possible Network Unlocking service but I did not found it.
I bought a really wrong object for R.D. even if Tricom and Viva use CDMA.

(I'm european and we don't use CDMA at all there, so I did not paid attention to that, I thought all modern cell phones where basically GSM evolution, and actually it is: probably this phone has both CDMA and GSM chips inside, but the firmware do not allow to use the GSM part and no website says it's possible to change this at this time).

I received a GUITAR by Inposdom, (yes! a Guitar!!) from Italy to Santiago, 107 EUROS total shipment price!!!!
It's arrived in 10 days, they called me for free, telling me to go to the office (Calle del Sol esq. ..don't remember)...
I did not think to ask for a shipment from here.
I will ask for the price to ship the phone, thanks.

Bye, thank you, Jazzkramer

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Thank you for your replies,

Can't use in R.D. this phone is locked to Verizon CDMA Network
(actually did not understand.... maybe if it was initialized with a Verizon Sim Card inside it could use gsm network abroad).

I searched the web for a possible Network Unlocking service but I did not found it.
I bought a really wrong object for R.D. even if Tricom and Viva use CDMA.

(I'm european and we don't use CDMA at all there, so I did not pay attention to that, I thought all modern cell phones were basically GSM evolution, and actually it is: probably this phone has both CDMA and GSM chips inside, but the firmware do not allow to use the GSM part and no website says it's possible to change this at this time).

I received a GUITAR by Inposdom, (yes! a Guitar!!) from Italy to Santiago, 107 EUROS total shipment price!!!!
It's arrived in 10 days, they called me for free, telling me to go to the office (Calle del Sol esq. ..don't remember)...
I did not think to ask for a shipment from here.
I will ask for the price to ship the phone, thanks.

Bye, thank you, Jazz21

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Thank you! Dv8, very useful information.

I will try the Imposdom way.

;)

Thanks, bye, Jazz21

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
Hi Jazz, what part of the country are you in. I know a kid with some like new Galaxy S3 the regular size one not the mini. He is in the east coast Bavaro area. may be you guys can work out a deal.
thanks

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Hi Harry2010,

thank you, I live in Santiago, but I already bought a GSM unlocked version that I think will work in the D.R.
because I need it fast to replace my old "loved" HTC Desire Z that is almost died.
I prefer the Mini because the normal S is to big to carry around for me.

Just in the case someone living in U.S. is interested I will sell the G730V CDMA (Verizon version of the Samsung S3 Mini) at 120 USD, and I'm in Santiago. It only works in U.S. under Verizon and must be activated with a Verizon Sim Card not included. I will put it on Ebay one of these days but in the case just send me a private message.
Probably I will ship so I will tell you Inposdom shipment price for you all to know.

Thanks for all the replies :)

"Disclaimer"
This post was and is not intended as a mean for selling a phone,
sorry, I was just making my conclusion public, I'm not doing business here,
but in the case this last post is against the policy of the forum
I apologize and please delete it.

Thanks, bye, Jazz21.

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
Is it too late?
did you try nicely ask the seller if he can take the item back? Explain to him or her the mistake you made.

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
No, I did not try.
I only tried once (I'm an ebay addicted jejejejejje so this is the second mistake...) and the reply was
"all our sales are final".
I'm thinking about the money I'm spending for my mistake as a way to remember to pay attention when I buy.

Even if the seller accept to get the item back, I have to ship it in U.S. so I have some money to spend.
So, I will try to sell it, loosing some more bucks as a lesson for me to "comprar despacio" :) .

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Hi guys,

just a good news:

the price from Inposdom to ship the mobile to a US address is

TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....:

320 PESOS!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :) :) Jajajajajja

So really much cheaper than what I was told.

Ok, now let's hope it arrives to destination.

I wrote this just in the case someone need to ship something light.

Bye, Jazz21.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
People travel from all over D.R. to places all over U.S. every day. Why not have someone headed state side bring it with them and have them stick it in a mailer, addressed to the buyer, at their local post office.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
judging by this price you did not use the same service correlated with US post that we have used before, with success. were you given tracking number to follow your package on US post website?