Traveling from Riu Bachata to Cabarete

Scott C

Feb 1, 2015
How much can I expect to be charged in Pesos? Also, if we're unsure of how long we are staying in Cabarete, how do I avoid paying too much for 2 one-way trips? Any insight/advise is appreciated. Thank you.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Two one way trips on what? Taxi? Tourist taxi is about $45-50 o/w. guagua out the front into the main road 50 RD to PP then change for another 50. Carito would be the same but I'd say "va rapido" and pay 200 each to get the front seat.

Scott C

Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply. We're looking for safe, reliable, efficient transport. Any additional insight is appreciated. We're obviously first-timers to DR. Also, I presume the quotes above are in Dominican Pesos? (Sorry the $ and RD references have my little-brain confused)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Those are PESOs!

Watch your pockets on public transport, no loose change, bills, jewelry, cell phones, it can get cozy.

Scott C

Feb 1, 2015
Derfish, based on my research, I'm under the impression that you're a trusted, professional. How can I get in touch with you...arriving Feb 10th, tentatively planning to go kiteboarding in Cabarete on the 12th or 13th. Thank you! Also, I've read many threads suggesting to arrange to have the driver wait. How does this work? Does the driver simply meet you back at the agreed meeting place at and agreed time and do you pay them upon the return fare? Thank you so much.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
How much can I expect to be charged in Pesos? Also, if we're unsure of how long we are staying in Cabarete, how do I avoid paying too much for 2 one-way trips? Any insight/advise is appreciated. Thank you.

I am a former Taxi driver, some of my ex-clients used to hire my service from 9;00am to 5:00 pm from the Rius Hotels (Maimon PP) to Cabarete with several stops including Sosua and Puerto P. city.

I was charging US $ 100. Bucks for this service by the time.

Just my Two Cents.

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Those are PESOs!

Watch your pockets on public transport, no loose change, bills, jewelry, cell phones, it can get cozy.

i love your choice of adjective; cozy.

yes, the Corollas do not leave port without six passengers and the driver. watch them trying to fit four gorditas in that back seat; talk about cozy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Derfish, based on my research, I'm under the impression that you're a trusted, professional. How can I get in touch with you...arriving Feb 10th, tentatively planning to go kiteboarding in Cabarete on the 12th or 13th. Thank you! Also, I've read many threads suggesting to arrange to have the driver wait. How does this work? Does the driver simply meet you back at the agreed meeting place at and agreed time and do you pay them upon the return fare? Thank you so much.

Derfish is your man here. if he tells you 2000 pesos, then the going rate is 3000. trust me on that one.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am a former Taxi driver, some of my ex-clients used to hire my service from 9;00am to 5:00 pm from the Rius Hotels (Maimon PP) to Cabarete with several stops including Sosua and Puerto P. city.

I was charging US $ 100. Bucks for this service by the time.

Just my Two Cents.

JJ

What happens when a NON UNION driver picks up in front of a hotel JJ, charging less than the Sindico Drivers?

Can this be an uncomfortable situation for the client?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
What happens when a NON UNION driver picks up in front of a hotel JJ, charging less than the Sindico Drivers?

The Taxi drivers get mad, there will be a big fight if they find out someone is trying to steal their business.

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

tell the mopes that the guy is a family member, and he wants to be with someone he knows.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The Taxi drivers get mad, there will be a big fight if they find out someone is trying to steal their business.

JJ

went to NYC from POP once, and a Dominican lady was in the seat beside me. she told me that she was going to the Bronx, and she was not sure whether or not her ride was going to show. i had a buddy who is a cop from Port Authority of NYNJ who was there to pick me up. when we cleared customs, i asked her if she needed a ride. some Dominican chopo who was trying to hustle fares started getting into my face, saying i was trying to steal his passenger. my buddy came up, saw the commotion, and asked what was going on. the mope did not know he was a cop, and told him to stay out of it, because i was trying to take away his trade. my buddy pulled his tin, and signaled to a uniform to take him to the stationhouse for trying to solicit passengers in the terminal. i guess he thought that he was in Puerto Plata.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
tell the mopes that the guy is a family member, and he wants to be with someone he knows.

You can full all the people some of the time, they will find out soon ar later...

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
The taxi drivers stand is posted right infront the entry doors at all tourist facilities, taxi drivers are allways cheking who is coming out / in and who is coming to pick up and drop off... Whenever they see the same person coming to pick up frequently that's when the fight starts.

By the way DR is not JFK, Chopos Dominicanos handle this sutuation a little bit different in the DR.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Tambo do you remember this, important passengers like you allways should be driven safe from the airport to the tourist destination.

Especially at night thru the mountain roads.

JJ

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tambo do you remember this, important passengers like you allways should be droven safe from the airport to the tourist destination.

JJ

Oh, I remember that tour of Santiago, LOL... I found a pile of Pesos in my sock a week later!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Oh, I remember that tour of Santiago, LOL... I found a pile of Pesos in my sock a week later!

You can tell, you visited some of the best night clubs in Santiago... Remember the last one? ***** Clients... ja ja

I only do that kind of service for Clientes Blancos like you and your friend Ed...

JJ

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can tell, you visited some of the best night clubs in Santiago... Remember the last one? ***** Clients... ja ja

I only do that kind of service for Clientes Blancos like you and your friend Ed...

JJ

I have not heard from Peluco in a long time, I think he married his High School sweetheart.