applying for visitor visa for USA as a Permanent resident of canada

tico3151

Feb 3, 2015
Hi i am new to this site and would like to know how many have applied for visitor visa to the states and got rejected and reapplied and still got refused or was granted a visa and for how long was it valid for.

tico3151

Feb 3, 2015
Hi I am Dominican and wanted to get a base idea if my fellow dominicans also who are new to the country got rejected or was granted a visa so that i would continue applying or stop and wait untill i get my citizenship. Does not hurt to ask and i am aware that this is DR1.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You are a Dominican living in Canada? And want to go to USA?

Or your family/friends are Dominicans living in DR? Canada???

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hi I am Dominican and wanted to get a base idea if my fellow dominicans also who are new to the country got rejected or was granted a visa so that i would continue applying or stop and wait untill i get my citizenship. Does not hurt to ask and i am aware that this is DR1.
Still willing to visit Nuevayolk " La capital del Mundo"??? I know your feeling I came to NC and two years later still was dreaming with the Gran Manzana...
Yes it will be hard as the American consul still in Canadian territory need prove (evidence)that you are not intending to overstay your visa.

Good luck!

JJ

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Why would a Dominican live in Canada in the first place? I have to question your sanity. Canada just sucks man lol!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

As a PR of Canada it won't be as hard as when you lived in the DR but like bachata said you still have to prove you have ties to canada. Things like be in Canada for at least a year, have a job etc. If you go to FB under the group Dominicano spouses you'll find more info from those tht have gone through this

Good luck

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Lol Mr Mike dont hate:) Canada does suck because of the cold and lack of everything. Im saying a dominican has it all at home, no reason to head for syberia. Money isnt everything my man

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
I meant that to leave a tropical paradise for Canada feels backwards. Why else would you do this if it werent for money? I grew up in Northern NY and it sucks. Canada is just another step to suckiness lol.
Im in the aquaculture business and was an avid outdoorsmen, trust me I love the lakes and rivers etc but besides that they have really little to offer

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Yes my idea of Canada is from a Northeastern American prospective. Been there many times and its really nothing that you cant get in NY but many things you cant get in Canada. Just saying there is no reason to be there for an American. Food isnt very good, over priced, and the people are weird!!

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Haha thanks. I dont wanna beef with anyone. Especially people who hang their hats on maple syrup lol