Shipping a DJ mixer

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I am wanting to ship a DJ mixer to Santo Domingo. I got a price from B and H in NYC. They ship free anywhere in the US or $166 to Santo Domingo. But the $166 is only shipping and does not include and import charges. They can't tell me what the import charges would cost.

So I can ship it to myself in Houston for free and found someone in Houston. Or I could have it shipped to someone in the US for free that can handle getting it delivered to Santo Domingo.

I have read some but have never shipped anything to the Dominican. The cost new is $937 for the DJ mixer, decksaver and case. It is a deal for all three items bought together. My other choice is I have a used one that I could send from Houston.

jazz21

Jul 11, 2011
Hi,

I live in Santiago,
maybe this can help: last year I wanted to buy a Guitar Amplifier from U.S. so I asked about the tax rate.

Musica Instrument pay 40%, so, if the Dj Mixer is in the "musica instrument" cathegory, you should pay 40%.

I think they take the value + shipment cost as the total value on which they calculate the 40%.
(this last thing is not verified)

It's really better you find someone to bring it here.

I decided to buy a used amplifier for less than 200$ shipment included value. Things whose value is less than 200USD do not pay custom taxes.

Hope this help.

Bye, jazz21

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Talk to a local company like Encargopaq and get an account, it is free to do so. The DJ Mixer will "cost" $195 US and will have an invoice for that price. Understand? $195... Have it shipped to their forwarding address in Florida. You will pay $4 a pound for it to be sent from Florida to the DR.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Talk to a local company like Encargopaq and get an account, it is free to do so. The DJ Mixer will "cost" $195 US and will have an invoice for that price. Understand? $195... Have it shipped to their forwarding address in Florida. You will pay $4 a pound for it to be sent from Florida to the DR.

That sounds like a good idea. If there is one like that in Houston I would go in person. But if not I can have it shipped to them for free in Florida.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
look up the 'mudanza' thread and pick one....

I do it all the time... free ship to the mudanza and he delivers to your door -'all in'

you can pay as it arrives or when its on its way

you can sleep like a baby.....

Apr 7, 2014
I am wanting to ship a DJ mixer to Santo Domingo. I got a price from B and H in NYC. They ship free anywhere in the US or $166 to Santo Domingo. But the $166 is only shipping and does not include and import charges. They can't tell me what the import charges would cost.

So I can ship it to myself in Houston for free and found someone in Houston. Or I could have it shipped to someone in the US for free that can handle getting it delivered to Santo Domingo.

I have read some but have never shipped anything to the Dominican. The cost new is $937 for the DJ mixer, decksaver and case. It is a deal for all three items bought together. My other choice is I have a used one that I could send from Houston.

When do u need it?

Yodel Gruelsohn, Organ Meatmaster