Taxi fares from Colonial zone to Galeria 360 and US Embassy

Ikard

Feb 17, 2015
Hello all,

We will need a taxi from Colonial zone to Galeria 360 and then back from Galeria 360 to Colonial zone. What would be a price we should agree upon with a taxi driver? I am familiar with La Romana and Bayahibe fares, but not with Santo Domingo's.

Also, what would be a fare price from Colonial zone to US Embassy at Avenida Columbia and back to the zone?

P.S. Can you recommend a bus company from La Romana to Santo Domingo and is it a smart choice over taxi from La Romana?

Thank you!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
CZ to Galeria 360 will be 200 pesos tops. it used to be 150 but lately 200 is the going rate. The taxis hanging around el conde won't do it for 200 so you may have to call for a taxi. Apollo is good or get a taxi phone number from anyone of the "stickers" stuck all over town.

I know someone will scream, NO the rate is 160, but what the heck it is only $1 you are worrying about.

Ikard

Feb 17, 2015
Thanks for your reply! How long does it take to get to the Embassy from the Colonial zone? I assume rush hour is early in the morning, so how long would it take if I depart from the zone at 7 AM?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Taxi out to the embassy will be around 500peso. Leaving at 7am at least an hour.