School

Muhammad

Feb 19, 2015
I am a new comer to the sit. Would like to know more about the cost of American School of Santo Domingo and do you still file income taxes while living in DR as a American,

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I am a new comer to the sit. Would like to know more about the cost of American School of Santo Domingo and do you still file income taxes while living in DR as a American,

I have know idea what the cost of the school is. I am sure if you go to their website there is contact info so you can e-mail them.Yes, as an American citizen you still have to file income tax but if you are working in a foreign country there a very large amount of income is exempt. Go to the IRS website and you can find info on this. Good luck

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Come on in, the waters fine. Living is soooooo cheap in this tropical island paradise. No spanish, no problem. You like rice, beans and coconuts? You comfortable in a wood shack with a dirt floor and no windows? We even got free health care at the public hospitals. Its a paradise.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
If you have a bank account outside of the US that contains more than $10K USD you are required to file with the IRS regardless of income.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You won't be sending no child or children to an American private school in Santo Domingo (or anywhere) on SSI alone, that s for sure.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to Paradise.
food is almost for free, fruits can be taken right from the Trees and grow everywhere.
typical traditional housing is very cheap, solarcookers and Seaweed for the free salt are widely available.
send a child to a reputable intl school on theIsland? that will be possible if the SSI is just your extra pocket money.

welcome to the Nuthouse

Mike

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You know, I have read this thread several times and either I am blind, or people are jumping to conclusions. No where does the OP say that he is on SSI.

I do think he mentioned SSI, but that reads to me like an attempt at snark at LTSteve.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Thank you LTSteve. Even if you (are) on SSI

You know, I have read this thread several times and either I am blind, or people are jumping to conclusions. No where does the OP say that he is on SSI.

I do think he mentioned SSI, but that reads to me like an attempt at snark at LTSteve.

Yes, he stated he is on SSI.
He left out the "are" in his statement.
Evidently just a grammatical error.