Dave & Busters

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I am sure you all heard about this cool place down here in the US, so now I have a question:

Do you think Dave & Busters should land in DR?

Or are they already have one as yet?

Since we need more fun place to go in Santo Domingo so people can have fun.

Thanks

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am sure you all heard about this cool place down here in the US, so now I have a question:

Thanks

i have no idea what you mean when you say that we need more fun places to go in SD. maybe you should make the adjustment to finding fun in Dominican things, if you choose to live here. Dave and Busters is an American institution. the DR does not need imported outfits for people to have fun.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The less major American corporations this country has operating on its soil, the better off it will be.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The less major American corporations this country has operating on its soil, the better off it will be.

have you ever had dominican food? i'll take american restaurants over la bandera any day of the week.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
"restaurants" like McDonalds or Burger King ? ;-)
where I am now I pay 150-200 pesos for a GREAT dominican meal - beef, chicken or fish. could you believe ? there is some variety for such price in this country ;-).... in decent scenery. how much would I have to pay for some decent food in US owned restaurant :) ?
have you ever had dominican food? i'll take american restaurants over la bandera any day of the week.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"restaurants" like McDonalds or Burger King ? ;-)
where I am now I pay 150-200 pesos for a GREAT dominican meal - beef, chicken or fish.

sorry, pal, i HATE rice. and i never ever eat plato del dia. i'd rather have burger from BK.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

There you have it here on the island that spice forgot. The more choices the better. Not the fewer. I would like more Asian and Mexican establishments.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Yes. I eat Dominican food all of the time. Reminds me of home. Perhaps if you had someone cooking for you who actually knows how to cook (home cooked) you would like it more. Nothing wrong with a burger every once in a while.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yes. I eat Dominican food all of the time. Reminds me of home. Perhaps if you had someone cooking for you who actually knows how to cook (home cooked) you would like it more.

been here 9 years and ate dominican "food" prepared by variety of cooks. some dishes are ok. most is crap. i do my own cooking to my own liking.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Thanks

Awesome idea!!! I do no think D&B will ever open up a location in SD, but again great idea.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
i have no idea what you mean when you say that we need more fun places to go in SD. maybe you should make the adjustment to finding fun in Dominican things, if you choose to live here. Dave and Busters is an American institution. the DR does not need imported outfits for people to have fun.

We??????? There is no we LOL!!! D&B is for YOUNG people like 20's and 30's. I CAN'T see any young professional Dominicans in SD opposing D&B opening up a location in DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes. I eat Dominican food all of the time. Reminds me of home. Perhaps if you had someone cooking for you who actually knows how to cook (home cooked) you would like it more. Nothing wrong with a burger every once in a while.

I probably would not really enjoy most of the food from the DR if I was born here. I like spicy food, so I have to deal with it the best I can. The basic chicken and pork dishes are good, but who ever came up with the platnano dishes and thought they should be repeated more than once, that escapes me completely.

Variety is the spice of life and that apples to our current thread.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We??????? There is no we LOL!!! D&B is for YOUNG people like 20's and 30's. I CAN'T see any young professional Dominicans in SD opposing D&B opening up a location in DR.

i can?t see it, either. i mean, young professionals in every country need Dave and Busters. it is the epicenter of international culture, after all. we will lobby the President of the DR to fast track it into the country, since we do not want to run the risk of young Dominican professionals dying of boredom without it. there is nothing else to do here, after all.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
....D&B is for YOUNG people like 20's and 30's. I CAN'T see any young professional Dominicans in SD opposing D&B opening up a location in DR.

Dave & Busters is just Chuck -e-Cheese without the mouse theme. The youngest mobster is 16. He hasn't wanted to go to D&B since he was 13.

:classic: mob

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Dave & Busters is just Chuck -e-Cheese without the mouse theme. The youngest mobster is 16. He hasn't wanted to go to D&B since he was 13.

:classic: mob

You are right my mistake D&B target market are kids. My mistake.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I guess I should try it before I knock it. This may sound a little strange to all of you but I've never been to a Dave & Busters.