Board sponsor heading south

G

Golfer

Sorry to have to say this but as someone who rents a car everytime I'm in the DR I've watched National Car Rental deteriorate from the top agency to one of the worst. All the major competitors (Avis, Hertz, Budget, Alamo) have cheaper rates and a much better selection of vehicles. National used to be the flagship of rental agencies in the DR but things have changed. When I inquired about a rental this week at the main Santo Domingo office I was told that they had no cars for rent, no SUVs in their fleet, and was quoted a stand-by rate higher than any of the other agencies I had contacted. Granted, this is the holiday season but National used to be better than this. Maybe they're paying too much for the banner.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Could it be the season? Christmas is an extremely hard time to rent in DR, specially the best known fleets. Obviously the cost of the car depends on the make and model year.
TW

T

Tony C.

Can you say bankruptcy!

Shortly after the tragic events of Sept. 11th, National Car Rental filed for bankruptcy and re-organization. I know of a feww people who were left holding the bag on that one.