Compare Weather

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Besides, I do miss the weather in DR, however at the moment, weather here in Buffalo is going nuts, we have been in wind chill for past 8 days and we have been under the -0 area and we just got more snow. We are clearing the garage and couldn't believe how much snow/ice it was there lol ...

Picture of the garage area:

9E6wrxll.jpg

You all in DR, how's weather so far, I wonder?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not much better here. Everywhere you look there is grass that needs to be cut, pools that need to be vacuumed and fruit to be picked. I hate winter...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Vacumed the pool 3 days ago..... cristal clear. Then 3 days of rain...... needs doing again....... grrrrr

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Lots and lots of rain today in SD as well. Yesterday I had rain the whole way from SD to Santiago.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
water water everywhere but not a drop to drink......floods all over the world it seems like esp. for the last 3-5 yrs....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
We had a nice bit of rain here in SD Este this afternoon for about two hours. A little flooding around Mendoza but nothing out of the ordinary. Water seems to drain pretty fast.

Buffalo is not a place I would enjoy being today.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Back home, shoveling the driveway was my meditative time. Usually after work, that activity provided a rather effective means to release tension and provide a task that could be started and completed in a relatively short period of time. I like tasks that get started and can be finished without interruption. Doing the pool here has replaced the shoveling. Not quite as satisfying since doing the pool is a morning operation and I am not usually stressed out or even in need of the diversion yet. The pool is certainly no where near as physical so I kind of miss that level of exertion but it is a process I can control, from start to finish. A true rarity here.

I do miss winter. Not 5 months of it or the bitterly cold temperatures, but snow, ice and -10C is a nice change of pace for brief periods of time. Winter can be very pretty too. I'll reevaluate these sentiments next Feb.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is nothing I miss about the winter, but then the only change of season I ever liked was the one to summer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the first time I moved south... FLA in the late 70's.... I was like Gringo and needed the season changes to calibrate my internal clock.
So I would return at the appropriate times... fall colours, a bit of snow and spring

Now , I'm content if I get back in time for the forsythia ... May/june and Sept/Oct suit me fine

Believe it or not, the southern Great Lakes in July can be hotter and more humid than RD...
I retreat in July/Aug to here

Shovels? I never want to see one again

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My brother moved to Syracuse, NY. A place I consider to be one of the more miserable locations in the USA regarding its weather. Even worse than our hometown and that was bad.

He used to tell a story that he was going tie a snow shovel on his car and drive south. When the locals asked him what it was, he would know that he reached his new home. Sadly, he never got that chance. I took his lead (I headed west instead) and never went back to that part of the country except for short visits in the summer when possible.

My best friend just posted pics of he and his wife snow shoeing in the Rochester, NY area. Shoe and Snow are two words that should not go together.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
anywhere around those lakes can be very miserable.

the constant cloudiness is depressing to me..... all winter(most of it) is overcast.
when you get a sunny day.... WOW

Living later in Phila and NYC, winter days were moderate (for the most) but more importantly - Bright and sunny!

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
When I lived in buffalo I adopted the attitude that I can't ignore the weather so I embraced it. Sporting events, skiing, hiking in snow.

I left as soon as I was able to get job away from there. Now I am a long way and long time away.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Besides, I do miss the weather in DR, however at the moment, weather here in Buffalo is going nuts, we have been in wind chill for past 8 days and we have been under the -0 area and we just got more snow. We are clearing the garage and couldn't believe how much snow/ice it was there lol ...

Picture of the garage area:

9E6wrxll.jpg

Buffalo? Oh my goodness. Besides the snow belt of America. I use to watch Eyewitness News with Irv Wienstein, always the same headline. "Topping tonight's news fire in cheecktawaga". Ya I'm from torona canada. It's 83 here today in bavaro.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
And I am complaining about the weather here in NC... Over there is a lot worse than it's here but any way this is the last winter for me, my house is in the market and under contract already within three or Four Months I will living somewhere in Florida.

This week we had some days with negative temperatures around here.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Lived near Ogden, Utah, for 6 years in the early 90's, and during those 6 years, I wore-out two very expensive snow blowers. Had a wall of snow on both sides of the driveway 10 feet tall, that lasted from right before Thanksgiving through April to May every year! I'll take a little humidity, warmth and a minor mosquito problem any day!!!

Who people can survive living in that kind of weather?

I would better live homeless in DR!

JJ