TAX, TAX and more tax !!!!

G

George

Well this has been a year of taxes and now even more tax. The Dr is going way to far on tax. I support 3 familys and this year has taken a toll on all of us helping and living in the DR. I would like to know if all this tax is truly going to help the people of the DR or is it going to just the government adding to the employee bank accounts?
Happy new year to all.
George.

A

akemi

Re: What do you think? The latter!!!!!

NOT TRUE. the DR still has one of the lowest tax levels in all of Latin America. the tax reforms were vital to the long-term health of public finances here. It would have been far worse if the reforms hadn't been done, because the resulting fiscal deficit would have had very bad consequences for all of us. so what do you prefer, a moderate increase in taxes or an inflation rate of 80% and a drastic devaluation of the peso by the end of this year??, I would choose the former

R

RB

Re: What do you think? The latter!!!!!

I am curious... about the DR tax structure.... does DR have a system of facturas similar to Mexico.... I am planning a small buisness in DR.... and, would like to understand what type of sales or VAT taxes there are....

Thanks

RB