DR Gov Between a Rock and a .............

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It seemed evident shortly after the regularization program was announced that it was aimed primarily at Haitians immigrants. The DR gov knew that almost all of these people here illegally had no means of procuring documents in Haiti so they could legally apply for residency in the DR. Now with the deadline of June on the horizon it seems that either the DR gov will need to extend this date or except the fact that this plan was doomed from the start. Did the plan include the fact that the DR gov knew Haiti would not participate in the process and now the DR can claim that they can legally deport the majority of Haitians living in the DR. I think this was the case all along. Under the guise of the legalities of the DR Constitution they can now claim that illegals were given notice, had time to respond and now can legally be deported. I am not sure they really want to fight this battle. Don't be surprised if the DR extends the date to save face.

May 12, 2005
11058_1552490861690084_8372524890855971105_n.jpg

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Sentences and paragraphs are our friends.

As to the topic, Haiti should be helping their people with paperwork -- it isn't the DR's job.

Deport the NGO's and wall the border with pieces of cut glass on top.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The DR is like Russia with western-financed freaks right on their border.

Ukrainians and Haitians are cut from the same economic basketcase cloth. The cheap labor simply isn't worth having them create burrows and nesting areas that will be expensive to eradicate.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

As to the topic, Haiti should be helping their people with paperwork -- it isn't the DR's job.

Kick out the NGO's?

Build a wall?

michael-jordan-lol.gif

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

There is always the water by boat...or digging tunnels...or bribing guards. Need to build 2 walls, so there is a no mans land to gun them down in. smh

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
There is always the water by boat...or digging tunnels...or bribing guards. Need to build 2 walls, so there is a no mans land to gun them down in. smh

This is the part where you volunteer to let 20 of them live in your home?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It seemed evident shortly after the regularization program was announced that it was aimed primarily at Haitians immigrants. The DR gov knew that almost all of these people here illegally had no means of procuring documents in Haiti so they could legally apply for residency in the DR. Now with the deadline of June on the horizon it seems that either the DR gov will need to extend this date or except the fact that this plan was doomed from the start. Did the plan include the fact that the DR gov knew Haiti would not participate in the process and now the DR can claim that they can legally deport the majority of Haitians living in the DR. I think this was the case all along. Under the guise of the legalities of the DR Constitution they can now claim that illegals were given notice, had time to respond and now can legally be deported. I am not sure they really want to fight this battle. Don't be surprised if the DR extends the date to save face.

They always could legally deport ANYONE without papers. I don't think most Dominicans have a problem with having a few illegal Haitians, they do however have a problem with having huge numbers of them. There are times that even here in Jarabacoa, that isn't as overrun as some places, when there are more Haitians in a neighbourhood or area than Dominicans.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Just as Israel creates 'facts on the ground' with illegal squatters and settlements, so too does Haiti with its NGO backers and gunmen.

We are reaching a fork in the road. Either fix the problem or start learning French.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just as Israel creates 'facts on the ground' with illegal squatters and settlements, so too does Haiti with its NGO backers and gunmen.

We are reaching a fork in the road. Either fix the problem or start learning French.

You seem to have an obsession with Israel. Not relevant to Haiti/DR in any way.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Deport them ??
you need to find them first.....

you'd need BOTH Davy Crockett and Dan'l Boone to flush them out of 'them thar hills'....
out there doing menial finca work... not wanting to vote....

Catch me if you can......

Futile if you ask me......... most of their employers seem willing to harbor them

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Deport them ??
you need to find them first.....

you'd need BOTH Davy Crockett and Dan'l Boone to flush them out of 'them thar hills'....
out there doing menial finca work... not wanting to vote....

Catch me if you can......

Futile if you ask me......... most of their employers seem willing to harbor them

I have to agree with you. The only way I see them beginning to leave voluntarily is if what happened last year in the southwest [when there were guns/hanging involved and the Haitians fled to the police for sanctuary and protection to leave the country] becomes commonplace. If it does, I don't want to be here.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
From experience of my Haitian employee and myself (a gringo) the main problem with the Regularizacion process is not getting the documents from one's own country but overcoming all the barriers that the Dominican officials put in the way, over and above the fairly simple requirements stated in the official documentation. I have a strong feeling that many applicants who qualify on paper will never make it, which is presumably what the Dominican authorities really want.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Its easy to criticize but hard to propose alternatives. Let's go to the extreme to flush out the nonsense...so the DR Govt should do what exactly?

Amend the constitution so that children of illegal haitians become legal and also facilitate a path to citizenship for those already there say 3 years or more. How would that work out?

Gimme a break.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
NBA basketball player gif...winning teh Innerwebs today!

If you like Haiti so much, maybe you should go there, start a Haiti1.com for us, keep us updated.

oui oui

Basketball player? FYI that is the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets NBA franchise and he is a billionaire.

Maybe if we had some background info which might shed some light upon your obsession with Haitians living in the D.R. it would be easier to understand. Right now it just looks like blatant hatred. Talking about "letting 20 of them live in someone's home" has nothing to do with the current immigration or its solution.

You want the D.R. to enforce strict regulations against illegal immigration by Haitians who are trying to escape abysmal living conditions in their own country. That's fine. Just know that it ain't neva going to happen as long as the D.R. doesn't or can't "enforce" strict regulation against drugs, murders, official misconduct and about 20 other matters which affect the country more than squatting Haitians do.

Do you think they can intimidate starving People from crossing the border whenever and wherever they can? Do you really believe that the D.R. has the resources to build a land/ water barricade along a 388Km stretch of Eastern boundary? As long as Domiican officials are accepting gratuities there will never be a stop to this problem and when the Dominican public breaks out in regional violence the Haitians will simply move to another part of the country.

What other solution possibilities have you in mind? How does one say Krystallnacht in Creole, anyway?