Find a driver with car in Punta Cana

phoenix55555

Feb 25, 2015
Hi

I will travel to Punta Cana next week with my family (wife, 3 kids) and I'll have a question.

Do you think I could find a driver with car to show me a little bit around rather than use the taxi or rent a car?

I'd like to visit Animal Adventure Park (located in Head of Bull between the Catalonia and Globalia hotels), Macao beach, Higuey, maybe other places.

If you know somebody please recommend me
Thank you

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Rent a car. The roads around here are great now and it will cost you a lot less. It pretty safe to drive everywhere you mentioned except Higuey. The crazy motos are everywhere there

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If I'm not mistaken, Animal Adventure Park is now Dolphin Explorer (in Cabeza de Toro, if you say Head of Bull chances are they won't understand you) . They've changed a bit over the past few years from what I've seen and prices have gone up but the experience is great and the animals well cared for. They also include transportation from the hotels so I wouldn't worry about that. Several other attractions in the area also offer transportation. Other than the parks/attractions, not much to do sightseeing-wise other than going to Macao beach.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
To actually answer the OP's question, yes, it's possible to get a driver. It will be a little more expensive, but you'll be able to negotiate a rate and payment schedule, vs. paying whatever the cab driver wants to charge you at a given moment.

Another in-between option is to negotiate directly with a cab driver for a weeks worth of service. It's subject to him having another fare when you call, but it'll save some cash if that's one of your decision points.