Haitians attack Dominican Consulate in Haiti

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
In response to anti-haitian feelings in DR and last week's burning of the haitian flag in DR.

They attacked the dominican consulate, lowered the dominican flag, hoisted the haitian flag over the consulate and burned the dominican flag.

action starts at 2:07

[video=youtube_share;5CQUtGPYmsA]http://youtu.be/5CQUtGPYmsA[/video]

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Coming from the nation that cut the throats and burned the roofs after Independence, not a surprise

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Every time is more clear that they have a plan against Dominican Republic, they want to show us as the bad guys to hide the reality, We all Dominicans are really tired of this and all of us want to see actions from our goverment this is very humilliant for us, its the 3drd time.

I hope after this to have a real reaction from the goverment. [video=youtube;FOVYR2iCb1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVYR2iCb1E[/video]

Aug 6, 2012
While I agree that some action is required, I say we have to walk on eggshells and before you attack me let me state why. Currently the DR is in a position that we can be seen as evil or as simply enforcing their government policies. We are a tourist nation these days and we can not jeopardize our continued growth. We need to limit the amount of active visas, deport the ones in the country illegally (following USA practices) including those from other countries as well as deporting criminals to their countries and tighten controls at the border. Allowing the ones in the DR legally to maintain their positions without fear. At that point we can turn around to the USA and say we are simply following USA best practices (the wall in Texas and the deportation of non American citizens), we also need to state that we are following the USA practice. The USA does not give citizenships to illegals, they provide humane deportation, we need to do the same, the Military should start picking them up from the streets if they can not provide proper documentation, taken to a holding facility (with water, food and amenities), provided a phone call incase they have the paper work at home so that someone can bring it to them to prove their residence and if they can not, sent back to their country. Similar to what countries like Bahamas, Barbados and the Turks are doing. This is just my opinion. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/31/w...-bahamas-tightens-immigration-rules.html?_r=0

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
16510_1462213700694002_7301787349191954196_n.jpg

10994321_1553014898306866_3950192422119023748_n.jpg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
These people (Haitians) are their own worst enemies in more ways than one.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe, but hanging a Haitian in a Santiago park is meant to send a message. Nobody got killed when they stormed the embassy.

Except it appears by the evidence that he was already dead before hanging and he may have been killed and hung by fellow Haitians.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Maybe, but hanging a Haitian in a Santiago park is meant to send a message. Nobody got killed when they stormed the embassy.

Hanging a Haitian? Sending a message?
I'll say it again. Haiti's problems need to solved by Haitian people on Haitian soil. My old man used to say to me.. SON, THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. THOSE THAT GIVE YOU REASONS AND THOSE THAT GIVE YOU RESULTS. It is time for them to owe up to their mistakes and stop with all of the finger pointing.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hanging a Haitian? Sending a message?
I'll say it again. Haiti's problems need to solved by Haitian people on Haitian soil. My old man used to say to me.. SON, THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. THOSE THAT GIVE YOU REASONS AND THOSE THAT GIVE YOU RESULTS. It is time for them to owe up to their mistakes and stop with all of the finger pointing.

Pffft!

They need to "own up to the mistake" of having their legitimate government overthrown by the USA, Canada and France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiyiTym0b_A