Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable Cars Coming To Santo Domingo

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    In the DR is this what they call The 500 foot club?

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

360 degrees views from teleferico santo domingo:
    https://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...rico-KA9266783
    looks great.

North Coast Moderator

3. Likes CristoRey liked this post
    On a VERY short thread...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    360 degrees views from teleferico santo domingo:
    https://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...rico-KA9266783
    looks great.
    They actually built the thing? what are entry/exit points Sorry, don't understand spanish

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IslandDreaming View Post
    They actually built the thing? what are entry/exit points Sorry, don't understand spanish

A couple weeks ago i was at the Metro L2 Eduardo Brito Station and saw some construction work going on. My first thought was they were back to working on the completion of the Metro L2 expansion. My current thought is it must have been work prepping for the opening of the Teleferico SD.

Now if they can only finish Metro L2, so far two years and waiting..............

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

above photo from Google Maps.........

Map Details

Teleférico de Santo Domingo (Santo Domingo Cable Car)

Description:

A 4-station, 5km urban cable car system built as a feeder system to Santo Domingo's Eduardo Brito Metro station. The gondola is used to improve transport options for citizens who have historically lived in disadvantaged and marginalized communities. www.gondolaproject.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic. My only concern is weight capacity. These are not
    conchos. They are going to have to educate people otherwise
    what goes up (loaded with the heavies) may come crashing down.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    I did not know it was overhead cars. Ugly as hell but it would work better than street level cars. They better maintain them....hate to see them dropping from the sky.
    History here of lack of maintenance from Airplanes, Boats/ferries, commercial trucks , buildings and such are a pre-warning of a disaster in the making. And I am a positive thinker.!!! I would never do the cable car in Puerto Plata.
    There is a mindset here ''if it breaks, fix it; if it is not broken don't maintain it''. Compliance to Law needs inspections and ''Stop operations Orders''.... I bought a new condo here in Luperon which as it turned out was built to ''cost cutting rules'' not RD building codes, But we were inspected and someone made a fist full of dollars ... my unit collapsed after heavy rains. Which undermined a much too narrow footing resting upon clay. That is a mindset and it will be virtually imposible to change.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    I am quite certain there will be someone at each station to make sure each car only has the safe number of passengers. They will not be piling in as they do with the carro publicos.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    History here of lack of maintenance from Airplanes, Boats/ferries, commercial trucks , buildings and such are a pre-warning of a disaster in the making. And I am a positive thinker.!!! I would never do the cable car in Puerto Plata.
    There is a mindset here ''if it breaks, fix it; if it is not broken don't maintain it''. Compliance to Law needs inspections and ''Stop operations Orders''.... I bought a new condo here in Luperon which as it turned out was built to ''cost cutting rules'' not RD building codes, But we were inspected and someone made a fist full of dollars ... my unit collapsed after heavy rains. Which undermined a much too narrow footing resting upon clay. That is a mindset and it will be virtually imposible to change.
    Not sure about this, what has it been... 5 years plus and the Metro is still up and running with from what my eyes can see has been well maintained

11. Likes Russell liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    The car attendants will oversee the direct loading of the cars that will adhere to capacity. A system of same manufacture in Medellin, Columbia set the standard for that of Santo Domingo. Controlled passenger access prior to boarding the cars is managed by barriers and gates to funnel them individually or two by two to the boarding platform area.

Regards,

PJT

13. Likes bigbird liked this post
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast