Juan Santiago Poorest Pueblo In The Country

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Not sure how they determined that this was poorest of all the towns.

check out the original article linked in my post: Juan Santiago, el pueblo del olvido - DiarioLibre.com
249 kil?metros de olvido separan la capital dominicana, Santo Domingo, con sus torres, metro, elevados y avenidas, de Juan Santiago. Unas cuatro horas de viaje -pasando por San Crist?bal, Ban?, Azua y San Juan de la Maguana- para llegar al municipio m?s desamparado del pa?s. All?, el 92.5% de los hogares son pobres y el 61% vive en la pobreza extrema. 4,356 almas en 1,016 hogares, registra el ?ltimo Atlas de la Pobreza.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
It is a very nice little town I have been through a few times on the way to my ex girlfriend's campo.
Wish I took some photos now that I may never see it again.

May 12, 2005
check out the original article linked in my post: Juan Santiago, el pueblo del olvido - DiarioLibre.com
249 kil?metros de olvido separan la capital dominicana, Santo Domingo, con sus torres, metro, elevados y avenidas, de Juan Santiago. Unas cuatro horas de viaje -pasando por San Crist?bal, Ban?, Azua y San Juan de la Maguana- para llegar al municipio m?s desamparado del pa?s. All?, el 92.5% de los hogares son pobres y el 61% vive en la pobreza extrema. 4,356 almas en 1,016 hogares, registra el ?ltimo Atlas de la Pobreza.

I know but look at all those shanty towns along the river and under the bridges in Santo Domingo. Surely they have a higher poverty rate.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I know but look at all those shanty towns along the river and under the bridges in Santo Domingo. Surely they have a higher poverty rate.

yeah, but the article clearly says the poorest municipality. SD is the richest city in DR because that's where big money is.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It is a very nice little town I have been through a few times on the way to my ex girlfriend's campo.
Wish I took some photos now that I may never see it again.

will you stop with the pessimism. you are going to be fine. it is always darkest just before dawn. you are a wonderful human being, and the force is going to hook you up.