My positive haitian experiences

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Over the course of time i have seen many racially based comments about the Haitian people

All i can say is that i have used a Haitian man to do all my handiwork around my homes for the last 6-7 years; when i need him to order bricks cement, rebar, paint, or clean my home he jumps at the chance ( yes im sure he gets a cut out of the sales he brings to the stores at which i purchase) However he is always waiting for me when i pick him up for work, and is reliable to a fault. The life hardship that he faces daily are met a with a smile that rarely leaves his face. he routinely says to me 'Lovemedo you are the best boss in the world, the best boss" he was surprised when i voluntarily paid him overtime for hours worked.... he couldnt believe it. My point is, he works, and always does what he says he will do. I have left him alone on my property and even had a key (only to the front gate) so he could come and mow my grass. I didnt give him a key to my house though...trust doesnt go that far

The second event that occurred between haitians and myself, which would forever more allow me to look favourably upon them, occurred some years ago; I was sitting in the 'residency' goverment offices where you have your picture taken and i noticed a group of Haitians (MMF) looking at me and giggling to themselves. This was followed by 2nd and 3rd looks at me. I smiled back and then one said'; "excuse me you look like movie star, are you movie star?" I said "yes, yes i am... thank you for noticing" "im not accepting signatures or photo requests today though, okay"? Then another female sitting next to me who had heard my response to these people about me being a movie star spoke to me; "ah you movie star" We struck up a scintillating conversation and later got together so she could discover my theatrical talents at greater depth...3.5 inches as it were. Apparently she was an actress too.

The 3rd incident happened upon Cabaretes main beach; out the front of Jose O'sheas; im a friendly chap, i like to wave to people, chat and occasionally cohabitate for short periods of time. Well anyway's id just finished an alcoholiccc beverage from Joses...i think it was the rum punch explosion, anyways it was RED and very f!@kin@ potent. I believe Frank made it for me....shame on you man! jesus Christ i didnt know my tits from my mangina thankgod i had a 100rd deck chair to fall onto. Anyways i fell out of the bar and fell onto the deck chair to recuperate. Along the beach come 5 haitian females of varying aesthetic quality. Well i looked and waved at Ms haiti ( the hot one) and her hot friend but not the other fuglies. I am discriminating, at times. What did i do???? They walked by and started giggling at me and turning around and pointing at my beached assed drunken carcass resting awkwardly upon the deck chair. They stopped and collated for a time and then decollated ...out of that black mess of black mamas stepped the ugliest son of a witch that ever fell out of a womans pastry maker. Guess what she was making a bee line for me. What did i do??? Was i that drunk on Joses rum punch explosion that i wasnt able to see straight and instead of looking at the hotty i was looking at a man mountain of haitian blackness....she strutted towards me wearing her best ankle length skirt, something that apparently doubles as a swimming costume, as well as evening wear...5 seconds later she is sitting next to me. She greeted me in 6 different languages. i feigned ignorance pretending that i didnt come from any of these countries or spoke any of their respective languages. She looked at me incredulously. She didnt understand, I know she was wondering how is it this guy cant speak English. Id be surprised if anyone could speak their native language after one of those rum punch explosions (Jesus Christ Frank, you almost got me accosted)Anyways back to why i wrote this, this woman was remarkably well versed in the languages. I was very impressed. ill never drink Joses rum punch explosion again....NEVER
So yes i am impressed with haitians and would certainly associate with them again.... just not the fugly one's

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I liked the first story. I could have lived without #2 and #3.

We have a Haitiain serano, and while he is the most unpleasant human being on two feet, he does show up on time and he doesn't lie, he doesn't cheat, he doesn't steal and he's worked here for 19 years. So I got him his passport. He grunted out something like a thank you.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I just enjoyed the kindness, peacefullness and hospitality of haitian people in Jacmel for one week. Would go there any time again.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The ONLY person I trust with the key to the gate ( same as u, only gate not house ), is my haitian maid.
She used to work from time to time for us ( laundry day....), and she would come FREE OFCHARGE when my wife broke her foot...... and wouldnt leave until my wife was lying on the couch, shotgun at arms lenght, doors and windows locked.........

Also she is the only person my dogs accept and like....... dogs dont lie.......

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Stories based upon the appreciation of Haitians in subservient capacities. Noted.

My good Haitian experiences include serving in the District of Columbia Air National Guard with a true gentleman of Haitian birth who was not only a very well prepared and experienced combat communicator as an air traffic controller but also a licensed pilot who struggled to eventually buy a fleet of aircraft and secure federal contracts to move personnel and materiel as required. He was a true professional and served as an inspiration toward excellence as my contemporary. It was an honor to serve with him and I am thankful for the inspiration he shared with me.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Great thread. I employ a Haitian to work at my condo complex Tropico Mar. I have know Michael five year before when he worked at the first condo complex I purchased at. During this time I was able to watch him work his A$$ off, while being treated , well let's say, less than acceptable. The whole time he treated the condo complex like his, honest as the day is long.
The first desicion I made when doing Tropico Mar was to hire Michael . I pay him more the his previous boss, give him an acceptable place to live, health care , vaction and he gets paid extra when he does anything outside of his job description. With all that being said I still feel I am coming out ahead because I have an honest, loyal, devoted employee.
I wouldn't treat even employee to this level, but everyone I hire is paid fairly and treated with respect. Dominican or Haitian I haven't had a problem in 6 years. But the workers also know I have a property manager who can't be fooled nor takes any crap.
I do find the Haitian more appreciative.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
On the contrary, haven't had too many positive experiences, and lord knows, I been around them plenty. First time, was in St Maarten, in an accident; he was at fault; gets out of his vehicle, and starts hollering and screaming in the middle of the st. Police arrive; the gringo is at fault. The swap shop in the area I live is pretty much run by Haitians, and for the most part they are nasty and vile.
I must admit though, I had a decent looking maid in my TCI hotel, and was positioning myself to boink her, but along comes a dominicana to ruin things for me. Had a haitian gf in Orlando, but 86'd her when I found out that she had five kids and wasn't averse to popping out a couple more.

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
In general my dealings with Haitians were good. They actually did the job you paid for or provided the goods at reasonably prices that you were purchasing. In hindsight I can't say that any Dominican ever did that. The number of Dominican gardners I had to go through who just did nothing except steal my mangoes was a little frustrating. Then finally got a Haitian gardner who did a great job. I even felt that he appreciated when I gave him some extra - the exact opposite you get from the dominicans who feel you are a sucker and should be ripped off more. Also I even worked out with one of the Haitians to leave some great European product for me when I needed some more, and she always delivered it and would have it when I requested. She did once charge me an extra 100 pesos because she said she had to search around to get the quantity I want. I was happy to pay that as she actually delivered it on time and quickly. (Basically took back the bulk discount which was no big deal.)She actually worked to deliver a solution on time - 2 things Dominicans have never done: 1) worked and 2) delivered on time. It is quite disgusting how the useless Dominicans constantly put down the Haitians in the most repulsive ways. It seems they are offended that Haitians would actually do work for money rather than the Dominican way of lie, cheat and steal.

Downeaster

Mar 20, 2015
I went to Haiti with my brother and three friends the second day after the earthquake. We packed medical supplies, hard candies and sodas as emergency supplies. In a line of traffic approaching the border our car was approached by a young Dominican saying he was starving and could we give him anything. We gave him a bag of boiled eggs we had brought for breakfast. He took one look in the bag, threw it into the lake and stalked on to the next car. Once in the area affected by the earthquake we found badly injured people who had been outside in the hot sun for two days with no water or medical care. When we would give someone a soda they would take a drink the pass the bottle to someone else in need. No one tried to grab anything or take more than they thought was their share. While my brother, a veterinarian, treated injuries on the sidewalks I walked on with a rucksack full of soda and candy and no-one tried to rob me. I did find a fancy hotel selling 16 oz bottles of water for $10 US each.