Security Man Slain

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
what a horrible way to die ..attacked by blows to the head.. ..the north seems to have more of these incidents reported in the papers than the capital or the east ..but again so sad for the family ..

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
He was not really a security man but a vice President of a visual and audio security firm ..strange that the petrol tank flap is open .. one can only guess at the motives , but to many people life is not sacred and murder is not even remorseful

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are we reporting all crimes in DR now? my, i need to give up my day job to keep up.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Security Lady Expert

are we reporting all crimes in DR now?

Well, no, not really.
I selected this case, as many in Sos?a or Puerto Plata may know the victim's security firm.
And then, as we have a very knowledgeable 'lady' and DR1 member in Sos?a who also has a security firm, she may be able to tell us all about this crime on her competition.

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Well, no, not really.
I selected this case, as many in Sos?a or Puerto Plata may know the victim's security firm.

i see. i'm glad you did not titled the thread using the mysterious and ambiguous "they" you use so much: "they slew security man".

donP

Dec 14, 2008
My Style

i see. i'm glad you did not titled the thread using the mysterious and ambiguous "they" you use so much: "they slew security man".

No, you don't see.
In the last 6 months I have only used "they" once in a thread title. :classic:

Anything wrong with that? :rolleyes:

Let me have my style and you have yours.

donP

cbreez

Feb 19, 2015
ewwww

Geez, are all the papers that graphic? I almost lost my breakfast when I opened the link. Here I am in the arctic, chained to my desk for 5 more weeks, dreaming of sun and sand and sh*tty bread and now this.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, Cbreez; I learned the hard way, despite my urge to click the links, that all it does is ruin the rest of your day.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
You ain't seen nothing yet. Wanna see the video of the 17 yr. old girl that was shot the other night at a colmado in Santiago? You can watch her take her last breaths.

This country has a bunch of websites dedicated to local news with gory pictures, and more are being started everyday. The natives love that stuff.

A Dominican friend of mine was watching that on his phone the other day. I was horrified and immediately looked away. He sat there emotionless as though he were watching the weather report. I think empathy is lost on many in this country.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I suspect it is only shocking the first 200 times one views such material. After which complacent acceptance sets in.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's the curse of hollywood. one sees worse stuff in the movies, over and over again. in time a video of a real death seems like cheap special effects from made for tv b-class movie.