Has any resident Canadian obtained a Canuk passport for their dominican born child ??

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Does anyone have experience , and know the procedure for obtaining a canadian passport for a child , fathered by a canadian And dominican woman? Is this the procedure torture? Lol or not so bad ? Thanks

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I believe that if the child was born in the DR it would be quite difficult to get it a CDN passport. Check with Imigration Canada to find out. You might also find the info at Service Canada.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I believe that if the child was born in the DR it would be quite difficult to get it a CDN passport. Check with Imigration Canada to find out. You might also find the info at Service Canada.

It's relatively straightforward to obtain a US passport for a child born to a Dominicana and an American Dad, can't see why Canada is going to much more difficult as long as both parents are named on BC.

Maybe someone that has done this can chime in.
Any baby Daddy's out there?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am quite confident...

a child from a Cdn citizen qualifies for Cdn citizenship..

Father's brth certif.... baby's birth certif showing that person as father and =--POOF !

I have done this for UK passports from a grandparent's birth certif

you just need to prove the lineage........might need a marriage certif...dunno

wait..... Cdn resident or citizen..... might be a difference

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Canadian nationality law determines who is and who is not a Canadian citizen. Canadian nationality is typically obtained by birth in Canada, birth abroad when at least one parent is a Canadian citizen and was born or naturalized in Canada, or by adoption abroad by at least one Canadian citizen. It can also be granted to a permanent resident who has lived in Canada for a period of time.

torontiago

Dec 14, 2013
Ive done this..very easy!
All you need is to bring the required paperwork, fotos and pay the fee. Then theres a couple months wait but nothing major. We did it in Puerto Plata. Wifes Dominican, Im Canadian and our son was born in DR. He now has dual citizenship with a Canadian passport.

LegendaryXD

Sep 28, 2013
When I was born in Puerto Plata, my Canadian father easily got me my Canadian passport and citizenship. A few years ago, Canada changed the law and it is know difficult. The child has to be born in Canada now to be Canadian but back when I was born, a child just had to have once Canadian parent to be Canadian.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Could you clarify this for me as I have just been informed by the UK embassy that no illegitimate child born before 1st July 2006 can claim British nationality?

I am quite confident...

a child from a Cdn citizen qualifies for Cdn citizenship..

Father's brth certif.... baby's birth certif showing that person as father and =--POOF !

I have done this for UK passports from a grandparent's birth certif

you just need to prove the lineage........might need a marriage certif...dunno

wait..... Cdn resident or citizen..... might be a difference