Aligio apart-hotel and spa

The Creature

Mar 13, 2013
Is anyone familiar with this development that is under construction? Las Terrenas Dominican Republic - Aligio apart-hotel

It is being built by Stewart Puppo who has built a few other successful projects in the area. I toured it last year and I have been following it ever since.

Does anyone have experience dealing with the builder or have any inside scoop on this project?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Great location for the Santo Domingo crowd and their noisy kids.

I think they had the show apartment open for the Xmas holidays but frankly if you want tranquility in LT that is not it IMO. Every weekend will be noisy. The SD crowd is buying into LT on the more affordable developments.

As for construction standards I've seem some decent stuff in LT but don't know of the builder.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Is anyone familiar with this development that is under construction? Las Terrenas Dominican Republic - Aligio apart-hotel

It is being built by Stewart Puppo who has built a few other successful projects in the area. I toured it last year and I have been following it ever since.

Does anyone have experience dealing with the builder or have any inside scoop on this project?

Staying there on vacation is one thing. Buying a condo to live there for part or all of the year is another. It is a very nice complex but the location is in a very busy tourist area and I would think noisy especially on the weekends and Dominican holidays. I always preffered the other end of the beach down on Playa Ballenas . Quieter area with nicer beaches. You would need some sort of transportation. It is a little further away from the middle of town. If you don't mind the noise Allegio is a good location for the beach, shopping and bars. If you are buying to rent it out then I would say this is a great location.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

I know Stewart and as you said he has other successful projects in the area. He is one of the few real Estate person who may have come from that background and that is probably why he s successful (unlike many French expats who improvise themselves as one :) ). I have never have business dealings with him but I personally know a couple who bought a villa from him years ago and they are very happy.

As other poster said, Punta Poppy is not my favorite area, but Aligio is indeed in the middle of everything and the grounds are nice.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Aligio Beach gets my vote!

The Aligio Beach Apart-Hotel is directly in front of my own rental properties and I know Stewart and his staff. The development is First Class and I frankly believe it is one of the best investment properties in town.
I ate at Aligio's wonderful new restaurant the other night (its owner used to own Tiki Shack at El Paseo) with my good friend Noemi Liatt (Sales Rep for the hotel) and I will return often.
I salute Stewart for installing solar panels on top of his garage... it is probably the largest number of panels in LT... and for repairing our terrible road.
So far, Stewart has been a very good neighbor and has responded to my concerns about construction noise and his giant generator.. Unless something changes as construction progresses, I highly recommend this development.