Banned users a new beginning

P

Peter

Now that you have a new board, a new year and a new automated way of dealing with troublemakers, don't you think it is time to wipe the slate clean?

I for one often enjoy Abes, AZb, Tom's and others fighting about military and nationalistic matters. I do not enjoy Criss Colons garbage mouth and disrespect of women, how about a restart?

Peter

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Peter,
Just as you may not like CrissColon's views there are some who do not like yours. My suggestion is to not read Criss's posts. That way you are not offended and the rest can enjoy them.

Fox

Jan 1, 2002
New Start

As I say, a new start for all would be a consideration. If they are stupid enough to show up this time, it's the auto banner :)

Fox

Jan 1, 2002
Banned

Tony, no need for a thumbs down, lets just propose a workable solution. I've seen Chris's messages, he even claims to be a good old Sailor so he can't be all bad, but people have been rude, they paid the price and maybe it't time to open the jail door and see if reform works?

lets take a vote?

Fox3Kill

S

Sabrina

Vote

I agree with FoxKill (What a name), everyone deserves another beginning unless condemmed to death

Sabbie

Loren

Jan 1, 2002
Good idea

Open the gates to the heathens and the barbarians. You can always close it back later.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
I don't mind any one of the posters

I for one can deal with what anyone has to say....even though I might not like it or maybe I might think it don't belong here.....but this is what is going to make and has made this board interesting!!! Happy New Year...... I've got a mean headache!!!

S

Sabrina

Vote

It seems unanimous, is this a democratic board or a dictatorship? :)

Sabbie

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What we could do...

Is register a few names and pat each other on the back?

Is this a democratic board or a dictatorship?

It's neither, it's private and if you have a problem with the way we run it, go find another place to play.

Some people are so transparent!

Carlos1

Jan 1, 2002
Are you angry?

Register a few names and pat afew backs to have another opinion? It seems that many want all to participate, but of course if this is private and you are the owner, the boos, the overseer or so on, you can do as you like

Great ideas and thoughts flourish in freedom, not private repressed clubs

Maybe you just had a bad new year?

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Seems we went here before on the old DR1. If anyone wants to set rules they should find or start another board. While I am not a big fan of the new set up...I need the old read message red... I will have to follow the rules. I believe the real reason for only being able to register one name is to keep some control over the misuse of the board. I may end up missing Chriss as Miriam or some guy I know real well as the Las Vegas Lurker (yes, I had a good trip), but I will live with it.

Trinidad

Jan 2, 2002
True meaning

El Jefe

You miss the true meaning of this new board; you can sign in with as many names and personalities as you like using a router, it's all about "Power" and making people believe there is a benevolent purpose

Follow along

Trinidad (He did do a fine tekkie job though, lots of bells and whistles)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I always thought that I would be the first to "GO"! I would like to know what Peter did to be the first to be "Banned" from the "New DR1"?This is kind of like "Survivor" is it not? There may be "Hope" for this "Gossip" board yet! I am trying to learn to navigate these "new waters". I should be OK! after all I am Criss Colon,(Christopher Columbus)To Peter,if you don,t like what I post just "click"and put me on your "do not read" list. You have a very "Special"day,OK? "Crissy"the "Powder Puff" Colon

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Oh boy, here we go...Chriss I can't wait for you to answer...

I think Kelly is confused...you aren't a pig...May have raised a few in Streator as I did in Hardin Co. but this is guilt by association.

Kelly Brooney

Jan 2, 2002
Criss I made a mistake

El Jefe said:
Oh boy, here we go...Chriss I can't wait for you to answer...

I think Kelly is confused...you aren't a pig...May have raised a few in Streator as I did in Hardin Co. but this is guilt by association.

That remark was for "El Chicken," the one that loves to see others argue but is an obvious inverterbrate

Kelly Brooney

Jan 2, 2002
Re: What we could do...

Robert said:
Is register a few names and pat each other on the back?

Is this a democratic board or a dictatorship? It's a Democratic Board so I will go along with the opinion of all.

Just use VOTE in the subject line and voice your opinion

.Good to have you people here.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Kelly Brooney said:

You were a filthy pig on the first board, I see you haven't cleaned up (Literally) yourself yet

Some people have apparently been bedazzled by the new layout of the board. I think you are looking for the "Travel" and "Living" boards, where posts are limited to helpful info on the DR.

Perhaps I am the one that is mistaken, but I figured "OPEN", along with the subsequent description/disclaimer, meant people could post their minds about any subject, as they saw fit. Don't the rules ask us to stray from personal insults? Oh yeah, you broke that one...oops

Cheers to those that can prove their points with wit rather than name calling. They are the ones that keep me coming back to the board.

marc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Kelly,LOL,"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". So I guess I will wait a while before I say anything!I sent a post to the "moderator",that I will not strike the "first blow",but do reserve the right to defend myself! Have a "Super" New Year! Criss

Kelly Brooney

Jan 2, 2002
Your OK

Criss

Although I don't agree with the content of some of your posts, I like the fact you say what you feel even if it offends the "master's of the universe"

Happy days to you also

Kelly