Beware new rip-off merchant in LT

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The beach cafe across from Hotel Palapa has recently changed hands, now French i believe. Watch it if you think about going there. 250 pesos for a cuba libre, 150 pesos for a small beer for which I normally pay 75 or 80 pesos.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The beach cafe across from Hotel Palapa has recently changed hands, now French i believe. Watch it if you think about going there. 250 pesos for a cuba libre, 150 pesos for a small beer for which I normally pay 75 or 80 pesos.

Mojitos next door is a much better bet.....good service, cold beer at the right price and good food too.........Italian owner I believe

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
What Las Terrenas needs is more Americans.

I'll be spearheading a fact-finding team from Samana next week.

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
Mojitos next door is a much better bet.....good service, cold beer at the right price and good food too.........Italian owner I believe

Mojitos sucks. The opposite of everything you said in my experience. Not on Popy but behind the cementery a Dominican place called La Candelita just opened. It's from the owners that also have a little shack nextdoor that sells fish. Very good in price & quality. Next to Paco Mer

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Mojitos sucks. The opposite of everything you said in my experience. Not on Popy but behind the cementery a Dominican place called La Candelita just opened. It's from the owners that also have a little shack nextdoor that sells fish. Very good in price & quality. Next to Paco Mer

Where do you relieve yourself when you drink at those beach shacks? If you like a quite a few cold Presidente's you are in dire trouble. The ladies would be in far worse trouble if they imbibe a lot.

Mojitos is not a drinking hole of my choice but has always been better than the referred place next door to it opposite Palapa.

To be fair LT has limited bar options in the part of town beyond the bridge towards the beach where Carmen and Duarte meet especially early evening for a cold beer after work. I would perhaps suggest the Colmado type bar next to BanReserva for cheap cold beer and shorts or next door the newly opened bar pizza joint operated by a French guy and his young lady...........he used to run that small restaurant at the end of Playa Las Ballenas....again cold beer and decent short prices.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
off-topic a sec...I'm going to LT next week, maybe staying at Villa Colonial --not 100% on name but it's a larger complex next to beach. Anybody have a big up or down vote?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
What Las Terrenas needs is more Americans.

I'll be spearheading a fact-finding team from Samana next week.

I think you should plan your trip on a Sunday........and somehow I suspect you may get no further than the roadside bars by the pool on the road to LT in Limon...........the copious drinking on Sundays normally starts early afternoon there and the party gets very lively at sunset. The locals from LT evacuate there on Sunday afternoons so watch those 5 up motos if you carry on after into LT.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Do you know how easy it would be for me to issue a Fatwa against you, my Fren. Oh jes, very easy.

Team Fatwa? You use these words "my Fren" on this forum so often I'm starting to think your one of these idiot deportees who runs around spitting out spanglish to every gringo he meets in the bar. You seem to enjoy dishing it out but you sure do have a problem taking it. Says a lot about your character.. or lack there of.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Team Fatwa? You use these words "my Fren" on this forum so often I'm starting to think your one of these idiot deportees who runs around spitting out spanglish to every gringo he meets in the bar. You seem to enjoy dishing it out but you sure do have a problem taking it. Says a lot about your character.. or lack there of.

What is this all about, where is this coming from?

Look, once issued, a Fatwa can not be recalled except through a ruling by the Grand Fatwa Triumpherate which only convenes every 100-years.

I'm sorry, my Fren.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sometimes i love an expensive place...only better dressed clients...no local rif raf...(they can go to the colmodo and buy a beer for 55...can u imagine paying 250$p.d. for beer??? and evan better if it has a/c and t.v.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
off-topic a sec...I'm going to LT next week, maybe staying at Villa Colonial --not 100% on name but it's a larger complex next to beach. Anybody have a big up or down vote?

I'll let my buddies from Mossad know. Plutonium cerveza for u.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
you know what i love about getting away to LT for the weekend? The lack of north american influence :)

I hear you....but the French ambience in their cocooned world is somewhat very dull at times. Thank god for Italians in this mainly European retiree very beautiful slumberland which gets a wake up blast of unpleasant noise every weekend and holiday thanks to the capitalistas.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
The first small beachbar after Pizza Coco on the left: one year ago a trago Barcelo viejo 100p, last September 150, now 220 with the new owner. At least the chairs at the bar a new.